1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Crush

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Vandhuamma, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

‘Wait inside the hall until my classes are over’ , explained the teacher as she rushed with her books outside her house. My mom took her leave after saying a good bye and I was still standing near the door. I could see the rain drops falling down from the roof of the house and it had a beautiful verandah full of flower pots. I wasn’t sure if I can go and sit inside but then my legs began to ache and I was almost sure that standing here for a long time is not going to do me any good rather than the outside view of drizzles. ‘How can I stand for a long time and enjoy rain’? I thought to myself after all rain is a common thing and there is pretty much nothing to watch.

I half-heartedly took a turn and decide to seat in the sofa. Suddenly my eyes fell on a handsome boy who was seated in the opposite side with a note book and a pen. He was wearing an olive green shirt and cream colored trousers and had a plain glass. His hair was neatly combed and he did not pass a single glance at me.

I could feel some butterflies in my stomach and my eyes were pretending to see the wall paintings, the roof and the flower vases in the far dining table. Actually, I can only remember the red color one seater sofa in which the boy was sitting. Where was I sitting?? I was actually sitting opposite to him in a two seater sofa. I don’t remember carrying a book but since I have joined a tuition class it must be pretty obvious I had a pen and a book. But my eyes were only focused on him. He gave me rare glances but I never bothered it. I was fully focused on my duty apart from missing a few glances to blink. I never dared to open my mouth or speak to him. Hours passed like minutes I had a watch which informed me that I waited for nearly 2 hours in the sofa. Those two hours feel like just few minutes of my life and even today I dont think a waiting had ever been that beautiful and innocent. The memories are still vivid in my mind when I meet my first crush in 8th standard.

SCSusila, shravs3, Sunburst and 9 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Awesome post well narrated .I can imagine the scene as you have narrated so well. I would have nominated but finished my nominations .Ya first crush is always memorable.

Sunburst and Sandycandy like this.
  3. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mami.... It is my first and honest attempt to write something.

Yesterday being a V-day... :facepalm::facepalm:

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Oh very good attempt. All the best to write more

5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Ah..those teenage days!!! I have similar memories of my first crush..hehe

Sandycandy and Vandhuamma like this.
  6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@Vandhuamma

Nostalgia! Hmm...nice, as harmones rage n surge it is so common to get attracted and have the first crush...and then....so many crushes getting crushed under the subsequent crushes! Sometimes it feels stupid but again that's life;) That latest video under circulation of that Malayalam actress Priya Prakash Varrior! Uff...that song has captured those teen moments so beautifully, did you watch that clip?

7. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

YEs, but somehow I did not find it so attractive. May be because my crush never glanced while I was watching him :facepalm:
    Her activities are little overrated just like how premam actresses were hyped about.

Her eyes never neatly done and so her hair. How can a school girl dress so??

We have many movies which caputured the innocense of school crush much much better.

To name a few there was a TV serial in Vijay TV (forgot the name remember the title song only), autograph, Azahgi, classmate, even premam.

Mistt and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

Maybe.

She has become an internet sensation. My actual appreciation was for the guy; I personally felt he showed that excitement better. I watch more of Hindi films where rarely such nuances are picked up, in that sense I liked the clip.

9. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

Ya, the guy captured the shyness of a teenage boy very well....

In Hindi movies I don’t think they focus on school crush or even one sided love for that matter. @GeetaKashyap

That is a super hit formulae in my regional language.

Did you like ek Deewana Tha movie, in Tamil the movie is more than awesome but in Hindi they spoiled the (esp the actress) whole theme.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

Never heard of this movie:(