1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My First Books Are Out! Seek Your Wishes And Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2006.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

that's a big leap.....

Hello Sridhar,

Its a joyous moment for all of us who have read all your stories and posts in this site. Your posts were not just stories but something to connect to, something that we could relate to in our daily lives & something we have lived with and will live with in future.

As a person who had the privilege to read some of ur stories in tamil mags, I expect this to be a wonderful chance to own a collection of stories in one book. (of course, in 2 vols.)

all your writings were such commendable piece of work that I'm soooooooooooooo very happy its getting published now.

I'm gonna place an order right away b4 it goes out of stock & would love to see you publish more of your work.

A hearty congratulations to you & My sincere wishes to ur proud parents, wife & daughter..

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Meenu, For The Nice Response

Dear Meenu,
    I was also seeing the active users column and am really surprised that many people are browsing this thread.
    Regarding why I get the love and affection of so many people, please see my reply to Ambika Ananth.
    Thanks for buying the book. Please do read them slowly and post your comments in this thread. We shall discuss them. They will give me inputs to improve my next work.
    Thanks for the wishes you are sending to my parents. Will inform them.
    Today is a day of excitement for me. First I wrote the place as Madurai instead of Chennai. Ambika pointed out the lapse. Now I have written Madurai's pin code number. I have corrected that. Thanks for pointing that out.
    A tearful thanks for your kind support.
    regards,
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Love To Open A Bottle Of Champagne... but..

Will love to open a bottle of Champagne, but I being a teetotaller that's the only thing I can do. Just open the bottle.
    Thanks for the nice words of recommendation to your Tamilian friends and the library.
    Thanks for your nice words regarding my WE story. In fact I did not know that the story was going to appear in this issue. The issue has not yet reached Madurai.
    Thanks once again for the nice wishes and the support. Will never forget that.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

In a way I owe this to people like you!

Hello Meena,
    Your kind words made me think why chose to publish my work now though I have been writing for the past 8 years.
    There were some lukewarm offers from small publishers to publish my collection. But I did not want to.
    Then after seeing the loving response of ILites (we should thank Prathi for coining this beautiful term to describe ourselves) for my stories I thought, when my stories can bring so much happiness to so many people, why not publish them. The rest are details.
    your signature-way of using the word so as soooooooooooooooooooooo makes me feel at home and shows your affection.
    Thanks for deciding to buy the book. I would suggest that you read my preface to both the books and my biodata that appears on the covers. It was more difficult to write these pieces than the stories themselves. Please post your comments, views on this thread.
    Thanks once again for the affectionate words. Will convey your wishes to my Dad and Mom.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

best wishes

Sridar,

Congrats on publishing the anthology on the auspiscious occasion of yr parents' happy wedding anniversary. It is a blessing for parents to see their child excelling and it is a blessing for children to have their parents around especially for such events. May many more such happy moments follow in your lives.

I will buy two sets in Tamil- one for my mother and other for my MIL. And since I can read Tamil, I look forward to reading them myself. I am sure they will be great.

May I make a humble suggestion- my father used to buy novels and magazines for the Reading Room in the Central Jail in Trivandrum and also an old age home. I look forward to buying copies of your books also for the same institutions. Pls do send copies to the local jail in Madurai, I am sure you will find their appreciation more mature and sublime than that of many other readers.

Wishing you more laurels in life
    cheers
    Vidya

6. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Heartiest Congratulations!

Hi Varalotti,

Your have stolen today's show by distracting us totally by giving us a big treat! Though i am not so fluent in Tamil(i can read by grouping words, but unfortunately never got a chance to go through it formally), these set of stories would be a blessing and an added motivation to both to improve on my tamil in an ENJOYABLE manner.! thank you very much for publishing it. I shall grab the book at the earliest and start reading!

Once again a hearty congratulations not only to you, but your parents ,wife and kid as well!

We look forward to more of your publications(in Tamil and English)....

Warm Regards,
    Purnima

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello Sridhar,
    HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST PUBLICATION ! May you go on to publish many more such books. Wish your parents also on behalf of us on their 49th wedding anniversary! Maybe you will come up with more surprises for them on their 50th Wedding Anniversary! ...like:idea: writing a screenplay for the silver screen. :shock: !?....

Thanks for sharing tihis wonderful moment with all the ILITES and making us feel a part of one big family!
    ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOUR SUCCESSFUL FUTURE! and my regards to all at home!

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Some more feathers on your cap - CONGRATULATIONS!

Hello Varalotti,

[​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS... [​IMG]

You seem to have got added more feathers to your cap with this new achievement.

Sure, your books will be selling more and your going to publish more, with wishes from so many fans around the world for your writings.
    All the very Best!

You already have had a great blessing with this opportunity to release your "first books" on your "Parents 49th Anniversary".

Our heartiest wishes to your Parents on their Anniversary and to you for your first Publications!

These wishes are on behalf of the IndusLadies Team and we are very proud to have such a great writer amidst us in this Community.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Nal Vazhththukkal:)

Dear Varlotti/Sridhar,

Congratulations on publishing your first book:) It must be a very special and significant time for you and let this be followed by many many more books.

I see it is a double celebration for you what with your parents having their 49th Wedding Anniversary. Please convey my best wishes and regards to them on this auspicious day.

It is still early morning in my part of the world and when I checked my mail, I saw your post letting us all know about your book release. By the time I got here and checked out , I saw I am already far behind with my greetings, what with so many ILites preceding me with their good wishes:) Way to go...

Tomorrow being Saturday, I am also looking forward to the next episode of your new novel.

All the Best...Kamla.

10. rvnachar

rvnachar Silver IL'ite

Hearty Congrats!

Dear Sridhar,

That's really a wonderful piece of news which was announced so silently. I went to IL just now and was surprised to see your announcement and all the good wishes. Your books are already selling like hot cakes. I will definitely buy your books.

I felt very happy for you, though for your calibre, this success has come a bit late. I am sure now your future books will hit the stands in quick succession and nobody can stop!

Convey my very warm wishes to your parents for another long innings of togetherness. What a lovely gift you have given them for their anniversary! What more can the parents ask for than their son's crowning glory?

With love,

Sudha Narasimhachar