1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my fight with Cancer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ndta26chennai

ndta26chennai Gold IL'ite

hi kamalji,
    first of all happy for u!!!keep going like this. sir , u remind me of my mom(lost her 2yrs bk).

cancer!!!silent killer!silent killer).just dont kno why body's own cell behaving in a different way???she survived for 1 and half yrs after her diagnosis.for first 2 cyles of chemo she ws good,great improvement!!!

i was with her all thru her period of stuggle.s he was diagnosed only at stage 4.

we tried all possible ways of treaatment to save her,but we r not fortunate enough to have our mom with us.

even Drs told its just because of my mom's courage ,she managed a lot and undergone 6 cycles of chemo,she ll cry during iv administration of chemo drugs,when the nurse try to get the vein for it.

i miss her a lot now,only after her death,iam conceived,so i believe its my mom's rebirth.

i still cant forget the last day in the hospital.sorry sir,i dont want to depress u with my story.its just u r valuable to ur family,hope god will give u long life,stay healthy.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear dear Kamalji,

Stay the way you are! :cheers

BTW, it is a non-alcoholic beverage that I am cheering you with!! A lemonade!:)

Dear sir, my hats off to you. I have always liked you and now I admire you.

I have one person close to me with the same attitude like you and I know how special you people are. You will spread optimism and cheer where ever you are.

Needless to say I was appalled and teary as I read your post. But thanks to you, I was smiling at the end of it. Kamalji, 'isi kan naam jeena hai'. You are a living example of how to live life. You are celebrating every moment and you should, we all should, although most of us forget to do so.

You will be in my prayers.

With love and respect,
    Kamla

3 people like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

Your attitude towards life is contagious and I really want to borrow that attitude from you. I don't like to take anything for free from anyone and therefore I wanted to give you something in return. Unfortunately, when I thought about what I can give you, I realize that I have nothing to give you. What this poor vegetarian, non-alcoholic, non-smoking and God-loving person could give you? I know you don't want money either as you are blessed with plenty. I really don't have anything that you like or want.

All I can offer is to be a friend of yours for life. I know it is valuable to me but I am not sure how valuable it is for you. I am a big believer that If we have a strong mind, we can win any battle for life. In general, if we have ill health, we lose the battle faster, if we don't have a strong mind. I am so happy to see that you have courage to shake hands with Yama like what Cheeniya Sir did a few years back.

My friend, I am a big supporter of you, as always. But in this issue, I am on my sister Harsha's side. When cells in our body grows normally at arithmetic progression, we enjoy perfect life and when it begins to grow at a geometric progression, we call that malignant growth. Doesn't it teach a valuable lesson that anything we do has to be done in moderation? Please, please, please moderate all your consumptions and live long. Feel the happiness in keeping all of us happy by writing so many posts here in IL. That is more valuable and sweater than Whiskey and meat. You know very well if Harsha is happy, you are happy as much as I know that I am happy when Shoba is happy. Please smell the fresh air early in the morning or inhale the air before the rain. That is much more enjoyable than the smoke coming out of Nicotine.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  4. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Your courage n optimism is admirable...!

5. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Tussi GREAT ho My dear kamalji.

I totally agree with the doctors ..that you ARE one of a kind. Loved your attitude and wish more of us were like that.You are so right about telling us all after you are okay. God bless you for sparing us all worrying moments. So glad that you are well now.Now be good and strictly follow the Docs advice.:)

2 people like this.
  7. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

Yesterday evening I was telling my husband that I was very depressed, when he asked me the cause of my depression I told him "I don't know, I guess I am just GENERALLY DEPRESSED!!!" After reading your post I feel like kicking myself, I really wish a lot more people (Including me!!!) had an attitude like yours, your zindadilli is contagious and I salute your spirit.
    Like Balajee said, you do remind me of Rajesh Khanna's Anand....Wish you lots of good health :) That being said I am also on Harsha's side, avoid trips to Ulhasnagar with all the yummy food carts there it will be difficult to control your taste buds....

4 people like this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

HI Kamalji:

It was very shocking to read your snippet today. I am glad that it was discovered in time to do something about it. I am glad that you have recovered and leading a cheerful life.

I am thankful that God gave you the right spirit to live and deal with it and enjoy life as close to normal as possible. I congratulate you on your indomitable spirit. I wish you all the best in everything you do and may God give you all you need to do what you want to accomplish.

God bless!

Take care of yourself! You owe us a million more funny jokes and snippets. I know you take your debts seriously!:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  9. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    Many had to learn, from you, including me, :), on how to handle things that come their way, either physically, mentally or financially.
    :hatsoff for letting go off the 'reason' behind your ailment.
    The spirit you have towards life.:thumbsup is spilling over here.
    Keep it up, Kamalji! :)

Sriniketan

3 people like this.
  10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dear kamal

you are a wonderful human which I already knew. This shows how special you are by taking it in stride and proving again you are one of a kind:thumbsup
    with love & hugs chitra
    joke38.jpg

3 people like this.