My Fiancé Is Forcing To Get Pregnant After One Month Of Marriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Pavitrayadav, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Pavitrayadav

Pavitrayadav New IL'ite

Hello friends . Soon i am going to get married . My father in law is not very good health state but nothing so extremely serious as my fiancé pretends. Recently he said he wants a baby right after marriage because he thinks his father wont live for long.
    I don't want to have a baby so early . I want to wait for atleast 7 8 months ago that we can develop a good understanding and strong relationship because it is a arrange marriage.
    He has become very rude since i have said no for it . Please advice. I am planning to get contraceptives without telling him.
    Like anyother woman i want to feel the love of husband and baby but i believe everything has a right time.

masha6125 likes this.

2. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

How much time do you have before your wedding ? I dont think having disagreements per se is bad. But conflict resolution techniques are more important. It is desirable to have a partner who doesnt make decisions unilaterally and then throws a tantrum or acts moody when the spouse has a different opinion.

The way he is responding to your point of view isnt very mature and this could be a symptom of more things to come. Have you considered what else you have different opinions on ?

Your current plan of action is basically to do your own thing (contraceptives) while he thinks he is getting his way. It may work but it may also trigger other issues if you are not frank with him. Issues such as questioning your fertility when you havent conceived within the first few months. And am wondering how he might react after marriage when you later tell him/he finds out that you have postponed pregnancy per your own plan. Will his rudeness escalate ? Will it come in the way of experiencing a blissful marital life that you hope for before having kids ?

Talking about your preferences honestly at this stage will be best for you both. Try to find a middle path if possible. If he continues his aggressive behavior or if his rude behavior escalates it might be a good time to step back and evaluate if he is indeed the right man for you.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I understand his respect for his dad but he is being ridiculous.having kids is not a joke and how sure does he know U will even get pregnant first month itself?he is being immature and why should he be rude though??

I think u need to talk to him about this.u guys need some time for urselves before having a kid.parenting will come eventually.if he is adamant I don't think this prospect should go on..

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

The fact that he is pressuring you is a red flag. Is he going to be controlling about other aspects of your life too?
    Secondly how does he know that you will conceive immediately? Even if everything is normal it can take some months to become pregnant. Will he start blaming you if conception doesn't happen according to his timetable?
    His anxiety about his parent's health is perhaps causing this irrational behavior. However unless you can talk it out and come to a satisfactory mutual understanding I would think carefully about how you want to proceed.

5. Pavitrayadav

Pavitrayadav New IL'ite

We are getting married next month. We are just 25 . With typical arrange marriage setup we couldnot spend time during courtship. I asked him to behave nicely and normally but he says he will do only if i agree for baby after marriage. He will give me one month after marriage.
    As of now i want to cherish my last days at my home and enjoy wedding celebrations. So i dont want to get into argument. Another thing i cannot afford to cancel this marriage because of society and parents happiness.
    I have decided to convince him for few months on my own after marriage . If he would still be adamant i will talk this to my mil then my parents.

Right now he said i have one month maximum , if i am okay with that we will get married else not. He is immature but i want to work this out. Let him say what he wants.

This is what i think . Pls help. How to handle it.

masha6125 likes this.
  6. Pavitrayadav

Pavitrayadav New IL'ite

Mam , this marriage will happen because the guy is immature i cant let his stupidity ruin everyone's respect and happiness. he knows that we need to understand each other but he said that will happen in 10 days. He said he is "majboor".

7. Pavitrayadav

Pavitrayadav New IL'ite

Exactly mam , please advice how to convince . What should i sat in what manner

8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

If thats what you want to do...go ahead. I doubt any harm can come from speaking openly & involving pertinent ppl.
    But IL is full of stories of women who overlooked red flags before marriage and end up in bigger problems.

Is his threat empty ? What if you call his bluff and stick to your point of view ? Second what if you took a stronger position with him.i.e you tell him that if he cannot agree with a mutually acceptable timeline you cannot proceed any furthur. How wld he react ?

anika987 and Pavitrayadav like this.
  9. Pavitrayadav

Pavitrayadav New IL'ite

I believe both the families are equally afraid of any threat to marriage . I consider this as non official request from him . If such pressure comes from my in laws i wouldnot hesitate to talk to my parents.
    Right now , it is courtship . We are not together hence it is difficult to guage of he is really a man of actions.
    I am clear that i want to marry . Secondly i don't want a child . Even i met my fil , he was not critical as my fiance claims. But it is difficult to handle him for rest of our courtship. He wants to know my decision and please advice how to change his point of view after marriage. What to say so that i can pacify him.

10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Pavitra,

I understand that you do not want to cancel this marriage because it is going to become very complicated for both the families.But you not giving a proper response to him is only going to make him feel controlling and demanding. You need to put your foot down immediately if you think you cannot cater to his whims and fancies. Also that he has said you either accept or he will not marry you is not fun/silly to hear.Infact he is threatening you.

If I were you,I would have tried any of the following points.

1)First explain him that getting a baby does not happen like in movies,he should know the no.of fertility clinics opened these days, because it is taking time for many people. If it getting delayed for you like many other people,he shouldn't start questioning about your fertility and start talking about doctor appointments.As you said everything has its time.If you start it early in your marriage especially with you not being interested,you may only get stressed .This again will affect your chances of conceiving.Show him articles and others about how patient one needs to be in this regard. Better to leave it the natural flow instead of setting a deadline.

2)Talk about this to your elder siblings or involve the family if point no.1 doesn't help.

3) Call off this wedding if even after involving elders doesn't put sense to him/his family.

4)Agree to it .

Pavitrayadav and madras2018 like this.