1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My feelings on the book “love all”

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by lathigar, Aug 14, 2012.

1. lathigar

lathigar New IL'ite

I have read the Book of Varalotti Rengasamy's Book "Love All" and I want to share my experience as follows:
    Chandrasekaran Subramaniam
    MY FEELINGS ON THE BOOK “LOVE ALL”

To broach with the above issue, I am after all a layman not fit to comment on the above issue Authored by great stalwart writer Sri. Varalotti Rengasamy. Though the word “comment” is broadly used in the Face Book Culture, that term can’t be used here. Hence I call it as “MY FEELINGS ON THE BOOK “. Hope I am justified.

Unlike reading other books in general, I kept a scribbling pad and pencil, when I commenced on the very first day, duly the important items best known with page number and all and finally when completed reading I found my scribbling pad had more contents than the original book. Then, it became very difficult task for me to filter umpteen times to bring the feelings in a nutshell.

In fact the Author has assumed the role of Spiritual Moderator of the Forum, presently like Arvind’s role and he is also a good counselor. At times I was wondering whether, he is Balakumaran, Sujatha, Rajeshkumar or swami Sukabodhanda. Oh a Mixture of all. That is one can find all navarasm in the novel. You can’t it a novel; it is Bhagavad Geetha, Bible or kuran.

See how he describes the Income-Tax department. “None of its honest officers were efficient. And none of its efficient officers were honest”. Prathi describing the present day life of Software People in the U.S. is a real thing. (page.24)

The menu and the preparation of “mini-podi-adai” shows his expertise in cookery (page31).

“Only after the Western Culture invaded us, everything here has become commercialized. Medicine and education has now become big time business in India” True words (page69)

Though many of us know the story of Sridhara Ayyawal, to read the same from Sridharji gives us immense pleasure; the spontaneous way he explains speaks about his profound knowledge he has on the subject. (page88). Similarly “Adi Sankara” and “Ananda Giri”, the “Thodakashtakam”, the story of “Pundarika”(page142),Comparison of Sridhara Ayyaval story to that of a parable in the Bible(page148) the story of Sundaramurthy Nayanar(page215)…..are all very nice.

Government subsidizing industries and our subsidizing our children and the latent profit earned there of, well explained, which cannot be understood by person of ordinary prudence. (page182)

Tossing a coin and the probability of heads and tails linked with sale of lottery tickets shows his expertise not only as accounts man but also a great mathematician.

The later part of the story deals with detective type, investigations and I don’t want to touch the climax for obvious reasons.

I pray the Almighty to bestow with him greatest lifespan in order to spread his own message of “LOVE ALL”.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,
    thanks for posting the message in IL as well.
    you kept me like an ice cream that's kept out of the fridge in a melted state. What words, Sir. I know very well that I don't deserve them. But those words bring out the love and affection you have for this mofussil accountant which is beyond my understanding.
    How am I going to thank you for the time you gave to reading my book. And I feel very happy that the book succeeded in making you happy.
    All the big names you mentioned had a role in moulding my writings. Sujatha especially. I grew up with his writings. I wrote the preface for my first spiritual book and my publisher called me to say "Sujatha is not dead, Sridhar Sir. He has come back to us in your preface."

Your words gives me the same happiness which I had when my publisher spoke those words.
    Namaskaram, Sir. Aaseervatham pannungo.
    love,
    sridhar

1 person likes this.
  3. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Three cheers! :) Uncle, seeing you on IL after a long time.