1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My fears on Death..........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by niranjana69, May 15, 2009.

1. niranjana69

niranjana69 New IL'ite

I remember i had my first thoughts about death when i was 5 years old.Would wonder what would happen after i die or if there came a day when i would never be there anymore,or if the world would have to end all of a sudden....It used to frighten me a lot.But i never found anyone who really understood my doubt .I used to give it a lot of thought.Went to my first funeral at the age of 13.My paternal grandfather had passed away.I was very curious about all that which was happening there and even more curious about my motionless grandfather.My aunt's who belonged to the countryside were famous apparently for their "oppari" meaning their monologue lamenting.Was quite fascinating to hear them though sounded quite fake to me.
    Years passed ,went to a lot of such deathhouses always curious and came back with more thoughts on the issue.During college had an opportunity to go to a Bhagavath Gita class with my mother regularly.Found interesting answers to a lot of my doubts.My interest in death and issues concerning that just kept growing.For the last couple of years, after listening to regular spiritual discourses, was convinced that i definitely would not want to come back to earth,if there was something called rebirth.This year had some revelations after visiting Ramana ashram.Now ,mind is at rest as far as death or rebirth is concerned.Assured that it is all taken care of,by my creator.And that i can just be at peace .:thumbsup