My favourite temples

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sujathatcl, Jul 1, 2009.

1. sujathatcl

sujathatcl New IL'ite

My favourite temples are:

Alwarpet Anjeneya temple also called Cooperative bank anjeneyar in chennai.
    Samayapura mariamman temple in Trichy
    Vakkaliamman temple in Trichy
    Mangadu amman temple in Chennai
    Tiruverkadu sri devi karumari amman kovil in Chennai.:bowdown

2. chanchal088

chanchal088 Senior IL'ite

At the time of Installation (Prathishti) of the Anjaneya idol, the learned scholar of Pancharatra agama Sri.ue.ve.Annadhur Raja gopalachariar of Maduranthakam Kothanda Ramar sannadhi after seeing the idol, expressed in a surprising tone that the idol in its bottom has a self engraved “yanthram” and it is the Anjaneya Beejatcharam. The yanthram made out in a copper plate need not be installed underneath the idol, as is being done in almost all installations now a day.

3. menila01

menila01 Senior IL'ite

Nice post Chanchal,

Did you know?
    During 1981, on the divine will the “Maha Swamigal" Sri Chandra sekharendra Saraswathi of "Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt” advised a couple of Pozhichalur, who had no “Putra Baghyam” since 15 years of their otherwise happy married life, to donate a “Hanuman Idol” to a temple; for fulfillment of their desire to have a child.and blessed them.
    Accordingly, an “idol of Hanuman” was donated to the local Siva temple, where there was no separate Sannidhi then to install the idol. The couple also could not construct a separate “Sanctum sanctorum” inside the Siva temple for Hanuman. They naturally got worried as they were unable to fulfill the “Devine offer” of Maha Swamigal.

4. ramkalyang

ramkalyang Senior IL'ite

Nice post. Do visit when time permits Balavinayahar temple in warren Road, mylapore and Veera anjaneya temple in mosque street mandaivelli . Excellent temples

5. charu2009

charu2009 Senior IL'ite

My Favorite Deity is Goddess Sharadamba of Sringeri Peetham, Karnataka. Goddess Saraswathi's Avatar is Goddess Sharadamba. For me one and only Prathyaksha Deivam is Goddess Sharadamba; who's residing in me and guiding me in my activities.

Attached Files: