My Favourite Shopping Mall !!!!

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by malspie, Nov 24, 2007.

1. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

Hi
    recently moved back, i love to shop in " Orbit at Malad" , its easy n very good prices.

fairy

2. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi vidya,

i just came across this post..................sorry if its late.

I picked up up Kamlabhai Ogale.. in marathi and also in english( limited receipes) from INTERNATIONAL BOOK HOUSE- PUNE.........( IBH- PUNE)

If i can find any address of the publisher, shall forward the same to you.

Cheers

3. rhea_ashish

rhea_ashish New IL'ite

yes there r many malls in mumbai these days and many more upcoming!!!
    good 1s r Rmall at mulund...In orbit malad, phoenix mill compound (i hope i spelled it correctly...:idea) at parel..i visited big bazaar at thane several times... and many...it's a sure shot timepass destination also when u don't want to shop....(which is very difficult once u enter into mall...Big Laugh)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  4. anita2912

anita2912 Bronze IL'ite

Very truly said the mall culture has crept in and I am glad that we no longer need to shop like how our mothers did..allocating days for grocery,clothes etc as everything would be available in different shops..

I love shopping and my favourite mall is Inorbit in Malad followed by Hypercity..In 2000 when I joined my office in Malad, the office bus used to pass this dingy and stiking dumping ground...Every time the bus used to come to that place my handkerchief would promptly go to cover my nose..

And little did I know at that time that within a span of a year that stinking place would become my favourite shopping destination....INORBIT mall..

I can never forget those moments when I took my mom for the first time to Inorbit and she said that it was like a dream land.

Indeed it is a place that fills with happiness even if you are not buying anything :bowdown

We frequently go there its got a wonderful food court.
    I shop all my monthly grocery and even clothes from Hypercity.

I am planning to vist the Oberoi Mall in Goregaon..has anyone been there yet??

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

i was really taken aback when i visited Mumbai in 2006 the malls were in numbers and i really enjoyed them especially the one in vashi, i did most of my cosmetic shopping from there.
    this time i was in mumbai for only 2days so did not get a chance to visit any malls.

alpa:cheers

6. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi,

My favourite is "THE NIRMAL LIFESTYLES" at Mulund..It has Shoppers Stop, PVR Cinemas, Mc Donnells, Shoprite, All branded Mens wear (Zodiac, Allensolly, Louis Pillip, Peppe Jeans, etc...wide variety of Ladies wear stores...Food courts..

Truly huge and one destination for all...:thumbsup

Rgds

Roopa

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey friends,

Thanks for the overwhelming response.

We are proud to live in a city where each suburb has got it's own shopping mall and they rock individually!

8. coolgirl24

coolgirl24 Senior IL'ite

hi friends...:hiya

My favorite malls include Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund...i like it for its unique structure...Inorbit and Hypercity in malad, Infinity mall in versova, andheri...

Its amazing to see so many malls coming up in almost all the suburbs of mumbai in just a span of 7-8 years..... mumbai truly rocks yaaar...
    :bowdown

luv
    vidya

9. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi roopanair,

I will be in mulund just for 3 days and need to shop some good Kurtis and salwar suits( cotton) or any summer wear materials.
    Could you please name some wherei can look through as i have limited tome.

i read that R mall and nirmal lifestyle and all, you think i can get what i want??

can you be specific where is nirmal lifestyle exactly.

I will be in mulund west, put up with a friend who does not know much as well.

Please any of you , who knows, please pour in your choices, so that i can shop to my hearts content... i will be leaving on 15th and will be back by 19th.....

thank u,

10. coolgirl24

coolgirl24 Senior IL'ite

hi oosha,

nirmal lifestyle and r-mall r both in LBS marg in mulund west, just take an auto rickshaw and tel him that u want to go to nirmal lifestyle its v famous in mulund so he vil drop u there...as far as shopping goes i guess as it is summer time in mumbai u vil find good variety of kurti's in r-mall and nirmal...u can even check out shops near the stations in mulund and thane...big bazaar in thane is also good...

luv

vidya