My Favourite Shopping Mall !!!!

Discussion in 'Mumbai & Navi Mumbai' started by malspie, Nov 24, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We have Shopping Malls like mushrooms around us. Each mall is doing good and they have their own customers. What makes these mall tick though from outside we feel they have the same items in all their counters. But still, some of them are popular household names for us.

We at Mumbai have range of malls, to pick a few it is Food Bazaar, Big Bazaar, D'Mart. Apna Bazaar, Sahakari Bhandaar, Reliance Fresh, More, Rahguleela, Foodland Fresh, Gold Mall, Centre One, Green City, these are few names that have come randomly in my mind.

Some of them have good western outfit collections, whilst some have good pastry and cakes counter, few have real fresh vegetables and fruits, some have spices of your choice (as few spices are discoveries to all of us when we read a new recipe), Some offer you good discounts and the list is endless.

Though we mock at these malls, we make sure we visit them once a week at least. A mall that starts with one story within six months rises to duplex and triplex. Thats how we as shopping mania's bless them.

To me for fruits and vegetables, it is always "More", for getting the rare coded food items it is D'Mart and now a days they have good collection of western outfits too, For branded collections i run to Centre One, Green City for cosmetics. Now we have Palm Beach Galleria, name it you have it, is their slogan and I am happy as I don't have to travel long way to get my favorite brand.

Lets discuss our favorite Shopping Malls.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mumbai gals,

I need some help here, please. I am looking for a supari holder. It is very common in Gujrati households and available in aamchi Mumbai. It is a white metal, brown wood item shaped like a cart with a handle . Has two small dabbas in which you can put the supari or mukhwas.

I urgently need to know, please, where I can buy this especially in Matunga,Dadar, Chembur areas. Any other area would be okay too.

If you have any other fancy supari holders in mind, please tell me about that too.

Also, any tips on where I can buy the veg cookery book by Kamalabhai Oghalae?

Thanks ladies.

affly
    Vidya

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey Vidya,

Thats innovative dearie!! I have never noticed a supari holder so cutely described by you. If i find one in the market i will let you know. I have heard about cook books from Sanjeev Kapoor, Tarla Dalal, now who is this Kamlabhai.... O.K. I will try and find this out for you. I visit malls very often. In case I find one, I will let you know. bye..

4. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I too was taken aback at the number of malls that have come up in mumbai. i was visiting after 4 years and it has changed completely. the malls are just like the ones here in the US - i esp liked the dollar stores with all the US brands for Rs 45!! I visited center one in vashi and raghuleela in kandivili and did a lot of shopping there too. Earlier there was only shoppers stop or asiatic for finding good stuff but now it is avaialble everywhere. Bangalore too has seen an explosion of malls - forum is very good.

Mythraeyi

5. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Even I visited few malls in my last vacation in july August. I enjoyed shopping in Centre One ,and also did shopping in Palm beach, D-mart, shoppers stop(chembur).
    Happy shopping Mals
    regards,
    latha

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Centre One in Vashi is a one house mall for all necessities of life. It has saved the time of going to Mumbai to shop. You have all leading brands available here. Now Vijay Sales has also come up at Palm Beach Galleria all electronic necessities is also taken care of.

I am happy that just a stone throw from my house is "More' of Aditya Birla Group; "Reliance Fresh" of Reliance Group, a little walk away is "D. M'art" which is a multi-storied shopping mall, a little walk away is "Foodland Fresh" from Radhakrishna Group. I was tired of carrying heavy monthly groceries. Now I can just walk up after my dinner and pick up things I want really fresh.

7. rrpani

rrpani New IL'ite

Hi
    I agree Mumbai is full of malls today.My favourite is In Orbit at Malad.I even do my monthly grocery and weekly vegetable shopping there.
    RR

8. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya

I remember my receipe book by kamlabai ogale..it was in marathi. It was given to my sister by one of her teachers and I kept it with me thinking I will use it after marriage.
    but now the book is missing bcos my parents shifted their house and they discarded lot of old items and this also went in that.

I really miss that book..its such a nice book.

and if u can help me I m looking for cookery book by nita mehta.
    eggless oven receipes by Neeta Mehta..
    searched in hyderabad in many book stores but cant find it.

pls help me if anyone finds the book.

Thanks
    Jaishree

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi malu,
    Wow so many malls in Mumbai........
    I had been to Mumbai when it was known as Bombay (around 1999) and at that time there was no mall in there. I remember our shopping spree was limited to certain markets....like manish market......some other streets like VT (we went to mumbai as part of my Study tour)......
    Still we used to get our connecting flights from BBSR to USA via Mumbai, but never went for another shopping spree......will go to some mall the next time I get a chance to visit Mumbai......
    Regards.

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hey

I am turning out to be lucky now. I have MORE on one side and RELIANCE FRESH on the other and a little away is D'Mart. My Credit card bill is enormous now a days, need not explain.. isnt it ...