1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Encounters With God!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Darshanma

Darshanma New IL'ite

Dear Sir
    Really very absorbing to read your post. I would like to relate to my life as well, I used to think of a dream consulate job just after college and one fine day I was employed in that consulate job. I was so happy and thrilled and now I reflect back and thank god for answering my wish.
    Three years after marriage, I was not having a child. With sincerity I prayed,fasted and god answered my prayer and blessed me with a boy. I reflect back and thank him with all my heart for granting that wish too. Now, my son is 15 years old.
    I feel like singing the song "count your blessings and name them one by one..."
    Thank you

2. JayaJ

JayaJ Senior IL'ite

hi,
    i loved reading every1's experience with God. Its most touching and strengthens my belief in God even more. thank you for writing this post Mr.Sridhar. Its enabled so many others to open up about their experiences too.

Keep more coming.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are right, Bhargavi. His love could be so overwhelming that we might not even feel it or realise it. Again it's His love which makes us to understand His love.
    I am very happy that I posted this blog. You see I have got fbs which are far more beautiful than my original post.
    thanks for stepping in, Bhargavi.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Dear Maalti,

These may appear small to others; but for us, it's a clear signal coming from God. And we should never ignore these signals. At the same time we should not ask for it, or insist on it. He knows when to communicate and what.

Your experience on vaikunta ekadasi was really a touching incident. To break the fast with his prasadam.. you are really blessed, Malti.

thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

5. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

By calling from the depths of the soul, I mean feeling, not literally calling out for Him/Her. That of course, comes after years nay incarnations of unconditional devotion when every task we do we remember Him/Her.

That is something we all have to work at.

God Realization.... Always.
    Shail

6. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Uncle

Hope you are doing good. Today I opened IL and saw this title. I was very sure, it would be your post.

Beautiful, very well put across. But you should have also quoted some instances where your prayers were rejected and then later better than what we prayed for was given to us.

Many a times when we are denied of what we ask for, we go into the mode of quarrel with him.

Luv
    Shobha

7. varalotti

Hello Srimathi,

You are right. The power of a prayer does not depend on its length but its intensity. It does not even depend on to whom it is addressed.

To be able to see God so close and that too on your wedding day.. well you are really blessed, Srimathi.

One thing I have learnt. We cant get near God unless He wants us near. So that shows God's love for you.

Thanks for stepping and sharing with us the incident in your life concerning God.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

hi charu,
    thanks. The child in us dies soon after we leave our childhood, sometimes even before.

And yes, I consider this the most successful blog of mine because my post has enthused so many people to share their experiences with us.

And yes, it's a family and we should be proud to belong to a family like this.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Andal,

thanks. God is around us and is within us. He is the one from whom no secreta can be hidden. He knows our thoughts even before they arise in our mind.

And if in spite of all these powers if He loves us, well, there is not even a faint equivalent to His love.

God is constantly watching over us wanting us to grow from our present condition. And that gives us all sorts of pangs of growth.

thanks for stepping in,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,

Sorry for the long delay. And like you I too wish I have 48 hours.

I still remember your Tsunami and Port Blair experience. In fact I want that to be made as part of my next book. Let's see.

A pious old man was trying to cross a rope bridge and was calling for GOD to help him cross the same as it was very difficult for him to balance. He could see God on the other side of the bridge and he started desperately calling for him but God never moved from that place. With great difficulty he managed to cross and came near to GOD and he finds God holding the broken bridge....

Ultimate. That shows His love and our meanness in one stroke. This message makes this blog space really holy. Thanks a lot for the contribution.
    love,
    sridhar

PS: I think you do not like the way PS and The Love Song go. For you have refrained from giving fb. About PS I can't do anything, it's somebody else's baby. But if you don't like the storyline of TLS, then may be .. I can..