1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Encounters With God!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 28, 2011.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

oh.. all are sharing their portion of encounter with God. I am scratching my head to see if there is anything that happened like that??? hmm.. am I so bad that God never tried to speak to me?? :-(

but I remember this one -
    I drive 2 wheeler very fast (not rash, just the speed). This happened 7 to 8 years back. I was returning from office. I left the main road and entered the residential area to reach my home. I was about to take a right turn in the street when all of a sudden a big insect caught into my eyes. I had no other go but to stop the vehicle aside, clean and my eyes, wait for sometime for the tears to stop and then re-started the vehicle. I was cursing the insect for it not only reduced my speed but also wasted few seconds of my time. I hardly would have started my vehicle and moved to the right side street when one person stopped me saying the electric wire had fallen down and that I had to take diversion. I cursed again then. But when I reached home I realised. If only I had driven in usual speed I would have been hit by the current definitely. It is God who made the insect fall on and also to have a person standing there instructing everybody to move. I was touched!!! From then on, I never go mad when I get stuck in a traffic or when something happens that stops me to keep moving or getting late to go anywhere. I know it is God who decides that I should not be there at that particular place at that particular moment. 'nadappavai ellam nanmaikke!'

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Uncle,
    Your writing is very touching, but again, I feel that the ending is abrupt.

Raji

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sridhar....

A wonderful blog once again and as you said god will be there always for us and will hear us always...

Hi Malar..

While reading your experience i could feel tears coming out from my eyes...wonderful experience my dear.

Hi Ice,

Reading your experience was also very nice

Bye
    Uma

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

With your encounters with God, Sridhar...it definitely shows that He is there with us all the time, making us realise His love. Making us understand His love is also..an act of kindness, isn't it!

Incidents quoted by Iniyamalar, Ishwarya, tuffyshri proves the same, understanding and realising His love, strengthens our bond in Him.

sriniketan

6. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir, a very nice blog as usual. I had also many such experiences. To quote one, it was aVaikunta Ekadasi Day. I went to the temple, fasted the whole day, woke up throughout the night and the next day morning, I took bath. I finished cooking since the family members would be feeling hungry. I wanted to go to the temple once again that day before I ended my fasting. So I went to the temple. After having darshan, we sat for some time and then started going home. Just then, the Gurukal called me and gave me a Thonnai (cup) full of hot sambar rice, as prasadam. I was just spellbound. It was God's wish that I should end my fasting with his prasadam. These incidents may seem very small and some people may even laugh at it if we narrate them but it shows us that God is always there for those who have absolute faith in Him. Thank you once again for a nice blog.

7. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

hello sir,

True Prayer fraction of a second thinking GOD will give
    more POWER to our prayers. The same thing happend to me so many times.

11th nov is our wedding day. last yer 11/11/2010 i have
    completed 17 yrs of my married life. already i have told my husband on our wedding day (11/11/2010 was SHASHTI) we have to go to Vadapalani Murugal temple
    to see Lord Muruga. Being a SHASHTI we went to temple
    we bought a special ticket that costs only Rs/20/- to have a darshan of Lord Muruga. Long Q was there to see the GOD. suddenly my husband went and asked the security GOD to go straight to see the LORD as we are two only. (i.e. myself and my Husband).He immediately agreed and sent us inside the sannidhanam to see the Lord Muruga. After having a nice darshan we both turned clockwise to come out from the sannidhanam. Another gurukkal called us and again made us to go near to the Lord Muruga to have a darshan. The moment was unforgettable and i had a very good darshan of LORD MURUGA IN the form of RAJA KOLAM. Still when i closed my eyes and think of him i will have goosepimples immediately. I used to think everyday Muruga i want
    to see you on my wedding day very closer to you i should have a nice darshan. the thought and lord MURUGA blessings was there on that day.

A true Prayer and feel that we are always with the DIVINE power will fulfill our small and happy wishes.

sreemathi fm chennai

8. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

Excellent narration !!! its not childhish ..in fact its child like ... it is very difficult to retain our child like attitude towards the world...

More that what you have written in your blog, what amazes me is the FBs you have got... scores of people narrating their own incidents which simply shows the un shakable faith people have in HIM... it really feels re assuring... so many faithful people around us sharing the same kind of thoughts ... this is what makes this forum very special to me... it feels like a family.

Good one Sridhar !!!

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

sridharji,

superb blog reassuring in everybody's mind that God is around us. If you faithfully ask, ur prayers will be answered.

the 2 incidents in ur life - u have narranted it nicely. I too feel that God is there around me and whatever happening to me is for my good only.

thank u sridharji for your devotion to god.

But dont test him too much. (jus Joking)

andal

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Sorry for the long silence ...though I wanted to reply to you earlier but just could not...I wish my time was for 48 hrs even then maybe I will complain the same :)

As you are aware I can quote lot of instances where in I experienced HER and she holding me but the Tsunami & Port Blair experience cannot match anything. I do not want to bore you again by writing here. But that is how SHE holds us and sees to that we are not hurt. If we are hurt also it is just 0.5% only, the other 99.05% is borne by HER.

Yesterday my DH was reading an sms which he received. It goes something like this:

A pious old man was trying to cross a rope bridge and was calling for GOD to help him cross the same as it was very difficult for him to balance. He could see God on the other side of the bridge and he started desperately calling for him but God never moved from that place. With great difficulty he managed to cross and came near to GOD and he finds God holding the broken bridge....

Anything more can be said to this Sridhar?