1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Encounter with HIM!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Sep 24, 2007.

1. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Dear mals,

finally i got my monitor dear.............
    how are you ? beautiful narration of Lord Ganesha, the Almighty................i felt like i was with you and your friend and also had a darshan of the Lord.
    i have saved all those pictures of Lord Ganesha in my desktop.
    thanks a lot dear..............

bye
    love
    padma

2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Thanq for writing here ur experience,I couldn't understand first who is this Raja,but later came to know it is ganesha...Good narration and I feel ur quie lucky to get god´s dharshan quite fastlyy....I had looked up at attachments wow..ganesha in different ways..Thanq for having us his dharshan too..

Hugs,
    dg..

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi malspie,

that was a good one...cud almost visualise the ganesha...thanks for the pics and history of lalbaugh ka raja...originally from aamchi mumbai and every year used to wait to see on tv lalbaugh ka ganesh which would be the biggest and last in the procession...being a true mumbaikar can relate to this...

Mindi

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

I am gald this thread was usurped otherwise I would have missed a wonderful opportunity to go down memory lane.

Wonderful narration Mals and thanks for the pictures. Being a Mumbaiiite myself I can totally relate to your feelings of enthusiam to see the Raja. Ganeshotsav is THE biggest festival for me. That is the only festival I sorely miss being here. When living in India, always saw Lalbaugh cha Raja on T.V. Never had the courage to brave the crowds and visit. But your post makes me want to do that. Don't know when it will happen. It has been more than a decade since I witnessed Ganeshotsav in Mumbai :-(.

I am happy to at least pay my respects at Siddhivinayak every trip I make to India. No trip is complete without a visit there. I may cut down on anything else if the trip schedule is tight but not going to Siddhivinayak. I have had similar experiences like you when I have been to Siddhivinayak on the days it is very very crowded (Angaarki Chaturthi - Chaturthi that falls on a Tuesday).

Thanks for taking me down memory lane. Makes me long for it all the more!
    SS

5. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello mals

thanks to you
    ganesha was with me..
    through your wonderful narration
    and pics...
    i had a similar experience
    in mysore chamundeeswari temple...
    guided by someone
    when the temple was almost
    closing for the noon
    the dharshan was not a quickie
    i had taken some garlands...
    she had the garlands to please
    and still remains a mystery
    how we got to be by HER...

sathya

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals ,

This is absolutely spectacular to see the Lalbaugs Ganapatis. And lovely to see it from ' 34.

We love the pomp and show associated with Ganapati time here in Mumbai. its lovely to see the city come alive with melodious hymns everywhere.

This is one festival where there is unity in diversity, no longer is it curtailed to a particular communtiy but people from various parts of the country settled her offer their pious feelings at the feet of Ganesha.

Loved your blog Mals.Thanks a lot for sharing it here, particularly the pictures!!

GANAPATI BAPPA MORAYA!!

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

You are a very strong woman who has shown great poise too in times of adversity. I like the way you looked at your mom's demise saying "she did not suffer". Prayers are heard Kanaka.

Even I have stored the pictures on the disk. Thanks for your blessings.

8. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Padma,

Glad to know that you have finally got your monitor after nearly two months ( I suppose!). Now we can see you often in IL. Thanks for stepping in with your lovely comments.

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mindi,

Hey so you are also from Mumbai, thats a real surprise for me. Join the Mumbai Bandwagon. I have been watching Lalbaughcha Raja from childhood on TV. It has been only two years since I am visiting the Pandal. Both the times I did not have to stand in a queue.

Murthikars have already started making the murthi.

Ganapathi Bappa Morya!

10. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mals,

Nice post and thanks for sharing here friend ... :)