1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

my emotional mom

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by lavii, Jul 7, 2010.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

haha
    shilpama that was funny
    you made me laugh whole heartedly after a couple of days
    wish like you said i get some patience and maturity to deal with different things in life atleast as soon as baby comes
    i guess if this depression kind of feeling still continues i will speak to doc about this
    thanks again :)

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Lavii,
    Not only your mom, but you are also an emotionally weak person, just blame on your harmones on top of your current situation. You both need relief out of this pain and soon your bundle of joy will be in your hands.

Why dont you have a freindly chat with her about a movie or some instances made you fun at home/office and your aspirations towards your unborn child, name selection etc.
    Take her for a long walk, or to a nearby shop for baby accessories, or your accessoreis or some shopping of fruits,veggies etc.
    Go to near by temple and whenever your relatives are there, just try to engage your mom with them and you go and prepare a good coffee for her and others.
    I think there are ways to get relief!!! Your happiness will bring her happiness at the current instance.
    You should deal with it in a matured way rather than panicking yourself and yourmom by shouting back.

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Hey Lavii , Looks like your harmones are working overtime.Stay cool and relax.

BTW, do not ask your FIL for "money" now by relating it to delivery.It is a prestige issue for our parents.They think that since we(girl's parents)have to take care of first delivery , it is our responsibility.That is the reason she might have broke down since you asked your FIL for money citing delivery as reason.

Your mom must have told those words in anger.You are the only one for her now.Remember she can fight or laugh with you only.Stay calm and enjoy your motherhood.Enjoy your stay with your mom.:thumbsup

4. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

priya mommy
    you are right
    i was a very very stable person not this emotional before
    i dono if pregnancy changed my attitude towards life or incidents that happened after dads demise..but still working on issues
    ya trying to patch up with mom now but everyword i am talking i am having a close watch so that i wont hurt her again

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

bhuvindi
    ya i understand now the blunder i did
    i could imagine her feelings now but when i was talking to fil i dint think so deeply ..i guess thats the reason i am called immature.:hide:
    i tried explaining mom about how insurance works and other stuff but still she is offended hope she forgives me
    and i am praying god so that he gives me some sense while talking could be my own people sometimes unknownly i hurt them this bad