My dog and me

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Poetlatha, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

My dog is a black Labrador. She is five years old, we got her when she was between seven and eight weeks old. She came running to me when we went to see her, for the first time. I browsed on the internet and found her. She was the runt of the litter and was smaller than all her sibilants. She was very cute and cuddly. She was a very friendly puppy. My second son named her JACKIE and I named her JAGADAMBHA. These five years have flown by because of her in the family. Initially it was very hard for me to adjust with her due to my back pains and health issues. But later, I became more flexible. She has helped me in my physical health and also has taught me several things and made me happy. Everyone in our house loves Jackie, she is the one who is the heart of our house.

From my observation of her life, I have noticed the following. Being very punctual in her routines. She loves playing fetch. She is perseverant, when she wants to play with the tennis ball,she will not let you be at peace unless her wish is fulfilled. Very loving and affectionate. She has an awesome memory power, she knows who comes first in her list in relationship with the family members. She is very friendly, gives you unconditional love and attention. She is very clever knows how to act while she needs food and snacks while you relish. She is very smart and can understand three languages, English, Tamil and Telugu. She runs like a cheetah, she is very fast. She loves to go on joy rides, while we take our children to school or other places. She loves to meet other dogs during the walks. She can't tolerate family members hugging each other, she is very possessive of everyone. She can't tolerate family members arguing. And I noticed that when we family members get upset with each other, we cool or de-stress ourselves by playing with her. We all become like a child while we pet and pamper her, the lovely,friendly, loving language we use while communicating to her. But when one of us listen to the style and diction used to deliver our affection to her, it makes me think, boy o boy we have lost such wonderful expression among ourselves, but we use it to talk to her. Why this tenderness is lost among human beings? Is it because our cell phones, iPads, and computers have eaten us alive? The quality of our life is lost. But only animals, plants and things in Nature can keep us going.

Poetlatha

1 person likes this.
  2. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi PL,

We have a Lab too, mix of white and brown in moms place...9 years now. I named him Scooby :) . He is the star in the family...everything revolves around him and we love him dearly...True to his name he is always gorging on food non stop...and it's a pleasure to see that...I think Labs in general are possessive in nature, Scooby can't see me engrossed in a conversation or occupied with something for long. He has a way of breaking in uninvited :-D . Always had dogs as pets since I was a toddler, they make life beautiful in ways humans cannot.

3 people like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Jackie & Jagathamba!! Love how you named them!! Pls do attach their photos.. Or link to your photo post... Hope no one ll mind to see it here!! :) Nice to know abt your dogs! :) :thumbsup

4. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

I am trying to imagine calling a dog with name JAGADAMBHA :lol: :thumbsup

So much love and affection....wow!

1 person likes this.
  5. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@poetlatha
    nice to hear about your jockie/jagadamba...me too love dogs a lot..they show affection,care,faithfulness towards us unconditionally :)

6. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

My kid wants to have a pet dog....if i can't give him a sibling...at least a pet!

2 people like this.
  7. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@mimmyme
    don't think like that about it.. A pet especially a dog is better than a sibling.. It doesn't ask any share in assets or rights.. It just ask affection a little care and give more than those and faithful to you always in return..It is my opinion don't take it wrong please..

2 people like this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Good to know about your pet. Nothing can beat the loyalty and love they show towards us. I hv a colleague who brings her pet to work and one day it scared me as it loved my sandwich...I am not a pet person though I love watching them play and respect them as cute beings. I run miles and scream if one comes near me.

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Latha,

Just yesterday I watched PK for the third time with my kids and I tell you your Jagadamba would also have loved to be called Jaggu :) Remember - Jagatjanani!! What a cute lab Jackie seems to be - of course she makes sure that everyone is happy in the family. It is indeed a joy to have pets especially dogs. They are so lovely.

Thanks for sharing!

10. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

@lathasv do you mean pets are good?? :idontgetit: