1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

My Dinner Treat with Fairy!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sarajara, May 7, 2010.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

We have always come across some or other kind of fairy tale in our childhood!
    I feel now that I am lucky to enjoy and feel the same way as it was during my child hood days.

I had just come back after a hard days work. I had sat down for dinner. The angel is there, compelling me to eat from her beautiful soft hands and tender fingers.

" Have dosa" she says[ Yes mostly angels are feminine gender and no exceptions here too:)]. Please do not raise a question like why should an angel feed 'Dosa' instead of some other better cusine that sounds rich and divine. You slog for a day and come back home tired and when you are just getting killed by the hunger even stale food would taste great!I have been blessed with my favourite 'Dosa with Sambar' combination after a hectic days work at office and getting half wet in rains and driving for 45 mins thro a long stretch of 2 kms in Bangalore summer rains. Nothing else would have been more divine to me then.

When I was forcing myself with the dish the angel appeared. She fed me the dosa. She pointed out the vegetable in the Sambar. "Have Carrot" she said. I was not aware what I was doing then.. I looked at the carrot and the angel insisted on feeding me herself. I obliged."Have Brinjal " she said then I looked at the brinjal and enjoyed the juicy sambar brinjal. "You left onion" the angel said and the angel fed me herself. I remembered now that I never had looked in to my plate for long.. over years on years as what I eat, I just do it as a job with my mind somewhere and just knowing the name of the dish. Now my mind was in the food, the ingridients, the taste, the love that i had taken in along with the food.

I was not feeling full. I felt contented instead. I dint burp after the meal, Instead I was happy from inside and outside. I had no words when the angel said " Amma nalla Sapdanum " from the god sent angel, my two year old daughter!

Just the way I still remember my mom feeding me food after every day in school, I would cherish this memory for ever.

sindmani and revjey like this.

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dear Sarjara,

our angels are the best and will go out of their way to make us happy.

i loved your post, its so touching, my mum still does the same even calls me at work to find out if i have eaten or not, i love my mum my darlingangel.

love
    alpa:cheers

3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the first FB ALPS :)

Moms are guardian angels no matter how far physically we are from them they are always with us mentally!

Thanks for your compliments dear.:)

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Now that is a lovely angel, the mother and the daughter.

Moms can never be replaced, nor childrnen.

My daughter is now staying with my mom , in mumbai she is on a projetc for a month, and daughter says, granny feeds me so many lovely things, home made hot fresh food, lovely fruits she gets for her, however expensive they are, both of them are so happy with each other.

God bless everyone, and motehrs specially.

Regards

kamal

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarajara
    That was such a sweet and touching post on Mother's day.
    Just cannot replace the love of kids and mother's with anyone they are real angels.

6. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sarajara.
    That was a really cho-chweet scenario ! " Have carrot, have brinjal".... ! Felt like muah-muah !
    Yeah, definitely a god sent angel. Its not for nothing that little girls are said to be made of sugar and spice and everything nice ! Mom then, daughter now, how lucky to have angels flavouring the food for you ! Heaven is premiered for us in bits like these.
    Such a warm, beautiful article, dear Sarajara. Enjoyed reading it.

7. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

A well-timed post from you sarajara :bowdown. Tomorrow is the 'Mother's day' here in Australia. I am thinking about my mother and missing her. She is no more but she has left lots of memories for me to cherish and hold on to. Life goes on.. I know tomorrow my daughter will send flowers and call me to tell me 'Amma, I miss you and I miss your Rasam and potato roast'. May God bless all the mothers who are angels in human form....

8. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Thanks very much for the FB kamalji! I am honoured to have the remowned kamalji's FB :)

what a co incidence! even my daughter is with my mom and she never has any problems with diet when she is with my mom where as to feed every spoon of food is a himalayan task for me!

traditional Magic of Grandmoms! :)

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Dear Aruna,

Thanks for the FB :)

yes being a mother i feel the lve my DD showers on me is no wher in comparison with how i am towards her! :)

10. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Dear TL,

Thanks very much for the feedback :) yes GOD has blessed man in many a way!

I would not agree with those saintly sayings that relationships are bonds that keep you away from the GOD. Relationships are not bonds that GOD makes with us!