1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My differences with my parents keeps getting bigger ?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by chrishar, Feb 7, 2013.

1. chrishar

chrishar New IL'ite

I'm 27(m) just 4 months for marriage. Talking to my fiance once every two days.
    What makes my life becoming more and more distress is that the frequency of quarrel between my me and my parents is getting worse.

I want to share everything with my parents just like i was a kid. But you see they never took me serious if i say "i don't like doing that way, do it in my way"
    and the way i want to do really works most of the times.

The problem is that they don't really like when i correct them whenever they are wrong.
    I can feel that its generation gap. I simply cannot control myself in correcting them.
    Here is how my mom reacts whenever i try to make a correction in whatever we are doing or saying or trying to do.

She becomes silent, she starts to behave like a toddler and restrain from every possible tasks i want to continue doing with her.
    There the problem starts, i start to question her

"why mom why are you so silent?"
    she replies or sometimes never replies at all, which increases my anger
    "Nothing, tell me what i want to do"

i say
    "tell me why you are silent"
    she says
    "I'm normal "

and this carry on till we have a heated argument.
    This is almost the same for all the conflicts we had so far.

When the conflict gets high time,
    she cries
    she worries that im not respecting her
    she talks louder which makes me mad as our neighbors will hear our misunderstanding

finally the fight settles down on itself.

so that is how it happens with my mom

my dad is different as he do not use silent , but he talks vaguely which makes me even more arrogant.

Faults from myside:
    I stand on my point and most of times its the fact. That is how things will work.

Please suggest any remedy or change in my habit to make myself less arrogant

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

I stand on my point and most of times its the fact. That is how things will work.

chrishar as you stand on your point they stand on their own.when they ague you keep silent and after sometime you can express your views.As they love you much they want to correct you.wishes to have good understanding with parents

2 people like this.
  3. chrishar

chrishar New IL'ite

Thank you periamma, i do understand that. I think i should learn to tolerate and wait out their wave of advice.
    I will surely be silent here after.
    If there are any good method to keep silent please suggest. Im going to buy a ruthraakcha maala and start counting it whenever theres a conflict.

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chrishar Sister,

:welcome to IL family,

Congrats!!! :) Generally Parents due not argue but put it in the right manner that too they know you so well having brought you up.

So analysing from their point of view may be they are feeling INSECURED that daughter is getting married off, (may be you are ONLY DAUGHTER) and that is outbursted as arguement or indifference.

If my inference is right, then please understand their feelings and try to be silent and not counter argue immediately and make them hear your views in more better environment and softly, Again while expressing dont run hastily into louder voice, take time if the track moves differently

This not only helps now but in the long run in your life time to handle the nearest of kith and kin, Yes keep chanting your Ista Devatha's nama whenever you feel agitated which will calm you down, You dont need Rudrakash mala, read more on Naamasmaran or Naamjap in the following link:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/pujas-prayers-and-slokas/201827-naamasmaram-naam-jap-01st-jan.html

May BABA bless you with a Happy Married Life and also be more understanding with your parents which will leave them happy when you move after 4 months

Be :cool2: Best wishes...