1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Diary

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mithila,

I was also afraid of writing a diary.I thought that a diary was one which captured your honest feelings ,thoughts and happenings in your life and I was not sure if I was ready to put down all that went in my mind all that happened in my life, honestly.

These above quoted words from you surprised me. Long ago, when you asked me why I do not write, my reply was of similar musings and you said that it should not matter and one can distance oneself so we don't get too personal in our writings. I am glad to know that you too have entertained similar thoughts!!

With you, you do let us into your private sphere and I come out feeling like I am part of your family and belong to your intimate circle of friends.

Every post of yours is so very endearing. Now that you are sharing your 'diary' with us, I will tune in to see how our Mithila ma'm is doing and what she is thinking. We can share some thoughts and I can gain some by reading you!

Anne Frank's diaries are heart wrenching and one feels utter dismay at the hopelessness of it all.

I think you have even infected the young doctor with your charm that she behaves so charmingly with you. God bless her.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear saraswathi,
    Thank you dear for visiting this page and giving your comment.
    When you read Anne Frank's words as a school going chld it would have given you a meaning,in your middle years when you read her they would give you another meaning and when you grow old like me,my dear,the same words may give you yet another meaning and fill your heartwith thoughts.
    love
    mihila

3. mithila kannan

My dear dear Kamla,

These above quoted words from you surprised me. Long ago, when you asked me why I do not write, my reply was of similar musings and you said that it should not matter and one can distance oneself so we don't get too personal in our writings. I am glad to know that you too have entertained similar thoughts!!

Yes,Kamla,even now there is a lurking doubt in my mind,am I going to write an honest diay,so I will write on such subjects that won't hurt me,people around me atleast for a period of time,till I test the waters and feel that it is ok,I will be my normal self.

Many many years back I read the diary of a reporter who hid himself in a concentation camp,took photographs and gave a blood chilling account of the happenings there.after reading that book inspite of hurting myself,Inever vntured near any book or film dealing with that terrible time.
    Iam grateful to you for those kind words.You always pep up my spirits.Iam not mithila m'a my friend,please, Iam mithila.
    lots of love
    mithila

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mami,

I too believe a Diary exposes ones innermost self. I AM afraid to keep one.
    When we were children all our birthday gifts from our parents were books and when I was in my 9th std they gifted me Anne Frank's Diary. I wept when I read it and reading your post made me remember what they told me. They too told me how she,through all her miseries was able to see the good in people. They told me life is a lot simpler and happier if we dont concentrate on the hurts that people have put us through but to train our minds to see their good side.
    It is hard but not impossible.
    Do keep updating your diary for us.

Love,
    Usha

5. mithila kannan

My dear usha,
    You have wonderful parents They gave you AnneFrank's diary when you were in ninth standard,that means you were a matured child and they knew that you would read it,njoy reading it and learn from it.You are a blessed daughter.

Yes,usha,I want to write a lot.Thanks.
    love
    mithila

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

DEar Mithila....
    What I'm going to write now is from the bottom of my heart...
    YOu are so so so divine in your thoughts... just makes me more determined to come and see you...
    your writings reek of sincerity... you have a wonderful soul which has just touched my heart... there is so much clarity and purity in your thought process....
    To me you are the proof to "if you are good then even all the evil of the world will tun around and do ONLY good to you"
    Thank you for giving us an insight to your private dairy
    K

7. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

I am very late to the post :(

I am very much impressed with the positive thought of the courageous soul Anne.

And :bowdown to Dr. Vani. I am glad to know there are such sincere people are still living amongst us.

But Mithila mam, as i already mentioned in one of my fbs to you, because you are sweet , you are surrounded by good people:)

8. mithila kannan

My dear K,
    You are an affectionate daughter,hence those extremely kind words from you,though I am not sure if I deserve them.Thank you dear.We ought to meet sometime,let us see.
    love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear Aarbee,
    Thanks for the fb.Dr.Vani is an amazinly nice sincee person.
    About Anne Frank,I pray to God that wherever she is now,in this janam, she should be happy and lead a happy peaceful life.
    love
    mithila

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithili,

I thought that u were starting a diary, i mean the milk business, and i was so happy, till i read that u just want to write a diary.HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well i too have dentures but dont wear them, good u remenided me.They cost a fortune i know, and yes , u have reminded all of us, that are good people still around us.

thank u for the wodnerful blog and messagte, u are a gem, Mithili.

Regards

kamal