1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My dh/dw is THE BEST!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shakambari, Feb 16, 2011.

1. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Have you ,at any moment, felt with your whole heart-

My husband/wife is the best I could have got?

When?

Have you ever told your spouse about that feeling?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011

2. shakambari

Hey...

More than 92 views and not a single reply:bonk

Come on ... shoot out your replies!!!

3. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I felt so. That was the time, we were newly married. Me and my wife were in my native place in my parents house. My mother did not like my wife from the beginning (for reasons, not understood by me, till date).

I had requested my wife to tolerate my mother's outbursts magnanimously.........because, we (me and my wife) are going to be in my parents house for a few days only. But within that few days too, my mother was hurting my wife in the utmost possible way. One afternoon, me and my wife were watching tv. From the other room, my mom was talking something so bad about my wife's father............implicating that gentleman having an affair with another young lady of his family............an allegation, which will make any woman boil and explode immediately. I knew, that allegation was baseless.

Any woman would get extremely angry, when her father is maligned like this, by her MIL, (in his absence), in front of others. But my wife is not like any other woman. She is one among thousands..!

My wife's eyes were filled with tears. She just closed her eyes........leaned her head to my shoulders from the sides. She did not utter one single word of resentment to my mom.........even after hearing something so much insulting about her(my wife) father from my mother's mouth.

That was the day, I really felt " God has given me the best woman in this world as my wife". I also ......." felt by my heart, " for this magnanimity of my wife, I can live like a slave to my wife, for my lifetime".

4. shakambari

Indianguy,

It was really crude on your mothers part to badmouth her and her father.

Maybe you feel you wife is the best and you can be a slave to her all your life-

But I feel she would have felt much better had you reprimanded your mother when she went on a rampage -(IMO)

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shakambari,

I did not want that post to be too big. Hence, I did not elaborate on what I did after that, in that post.

I waited for my father to arrive, who was out of the home for some work. After my father arrived, I took up the matter with my father and me and my father , together, reprimanded my mother in the strongest possible words.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  6. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Indianguy2010, your wife is lucky too!!

We are married for more than 4yrs now, I know am married to a decent guy, but then nothing more than that. DH still hasn't gone out of his way to be supportive or encouraging or even show his love for me (may be he feels the same about me, i don't know, but am sure more expressive than him). So i shall wait to see if i did ever get a chance to say "Gettinng married to this guy is the best thing that happened to be". I too want to feel so sometime.

7. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

Yes I have felt that often.

Of the many reasons, the one that stands out is his respect for my parents. Initial years of our marriage he was a bit egoistic when it came to my dad and there were silent tiffs between the two. But over the years he has evolved to be a darling of a Son in law to my parents. DH makes it a point to call my dad at least a couple of times in a week to check if they are doing good and then generally talk about anything and everything under the sun. He is my dad's best confidant and my dad shares with him his problems as well. I love my DH for this and feel lucky and ever grateful to have him as my soul mate.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  8. shakambari

Indianguy2010, What you did is good-must have made your DW feel a million times better.

Dont worry,SLV...

Some do take more time to show their care and love openly...But it will happen ...Think of this as a passing phase and you will feel better.

Maroon,
    When your spouse bonds with your dear ones in a great way ,It really makes you feel good and you are always ready to overlook small misgivings from his/her part for this sake...isnt it?

9. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

That is so true Shakambari. Bonding with each other's families brings so much more closeness between couples and builds a strong foundation for their relationship.

10. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Thanks, but "passing phase??"....its going to be 5yrs and still passing phase??
    I have no expectations from this relation. i have to come to terms with reality.