1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Desire For Rebirth

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by coolgal123, Nov 6, 2016.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Being born as a hindu, i have always heard the stories of past lives and rebirths. My grandmother used to associate any kind of phobia or eccentric habits to past life. My nephew was very scared of cats till 3 years of age. Just heard a meow and there came an inconsolable cry. My grandmother used to say, he must be a rat in his past life, thats why he is scared of cats.

As par hindu philosphy soul takes many birth to reach to its final destination,moksha. it is said that we are here on this earth to learn and upgrade our soul and when soul's learning is complete, our purpose is done , then soul doesnt have to take rebirth and finally it becomes the part of GOD. I have also heard/read that we bring our special learning from past lives, may be that explains why some people are so talented or better than others in their pursuit...

In newspaper many a times i read stories of children who remember his past life and recognizes all the relatives from his past life. My grandma used to say that if you don't give jhoota food to a child and feeds him with only cow's milk than he/she will remember his/her past life. Don't know how true my grandma's claims were.

due to my fascination about rebirth, once i searched about it on internet and i came to know about Dr. Ian Stevenson, an American psychiatrist who has devoted 40 years of his whole life on researching about rebirth/reincarnation. He studied the cases of children, who claims to remember their past life. He has recorded more than 3000 cases and details. As par him often birthmarks and phobias are associated with reason of death in past life.

I cant say for sure rebirth happens or not but my heart refuses to accept that death is the end of our existence, this sounds incomplete to me.
    Whenever i regret for the things which i have not done and time had been passed for them, then i tell myself no problem i will do it in next birth.My father passed away around 5 years ago, whenever i have strong craving for see him in person, talk to him, i just tell myself that i will meet him in my next birth. Although there is there is no guarantee of new birth, but it soothes my heart.

I feel one life is too short and with all its aches & pains life is beautiful.So if given a chance i would love to come back to this world again n again. Do you feel the same????

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Suja9, vaidehi71, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.

2. Sunill

Sunill New IL'ite

Big story intresting

sindmani and coolgal123 like this.
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

U can understand more about soul and rebirth etc , if u attend various speeches. U find the right team . I attended soul class in which they told a lot about soul and spirituality. I got an awareness as to what happens after death.
    In short if we are good , do good , we get heaven plus we will be reborn as a good person

KashmirFlower and coolgal123 like this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If there is rebirth, I would like to be born as an Alsatian or a Rottweiler.Pampered pooches have the best of everything. And a dog that normally inspires fear in many people I can scare the hell out of my former species.

coolgal123 likes this.
  5. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

I would like to be born as different person and meet different people/ have a different goal of life/ aim differently but LIVE a LIFE anyway :)
    This Life when over should be done and not dusted ;)
    And if I have to carry forward, it should be only Happy moments...
    Also , since this JENMA I am a girl, I would love to be born as a boy and enjoy the LIFE as a man ;)

coolgal123 likes this.
  6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

I'm a strong believer in reincarnation /rebirth..Ours is a North Indian Brahmin family and since childhood we have been taught teachings of Bhagvad Gita..Bhagvata etc..and the theory of karma. So it kind of imbibed in my very personality.
    Moreover...my grandmother's younger sister remembered her past birth when she started to speak as a kid of 2-3 years...The family cross-checked whatever she said and it came out to be true.

knbg and coolgal123 like this.
  7. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

I would never like to be reborn. I want this existence to end once and for all. No more rebirths.

coolgal123 likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@coolgal123,

You have given a great platform for all of us to share our thoughts about life after death and life before birth. I believe we have a lot of encryption in our soul from our past actions and aspirations which constantly brings thoughts into our mind to do certain things. By studying our thoughts and motivation, one can learn a lot about our past actions and aspirations. That is why learned people suggest that thoughts are like a film projected in the screen (mind) from our encryption and the best thing to do is to watch them and learn from them.

A powerful thought empowers itself by capturing energy from our determination. To a large extent, we can overcome bad thoughts by watching our words, actions, thoughts, character and heart. We need to aspire for a good company that would also energize good thoughts and actions. People suggest meditation as a way to control the mind. Frankly, the mind is nothing but a cauldron of thoughts and if we stop energizing them, they disappear.

Traditional methods suggested are as follows:

1) Concentrate our mind to perform good actions skillfully with no room for laziness and distraction
    2) Contemplate our mind to choose good thoughts and introspect about the actions performed
    3) Perform actions without expecting a specific results and do it with devotion and love
    4) Perform actions because it is the right thing to do and not to benefit the body. In other words, the actions should be selfless

If we practice the above with synced thoughts, words and actions, that is known as Karmic meditation 24/7. Automatically, such actions not only eliminate our prior karma but also prevent us from accumulating new karma.

There are some things we are unable to understand from science. We still don't know where thoughts are coming from. The explanation of the learned people that it is from the encryption in our soul makes sense in the absence of any other interpretation.

In my view, the above actions are far superior to prayer, pranayama, recitation, etc. Everyone who came into existence have a very strong desire to reach the source like the evaporated water from the ocean pouring down as rain, form into a river only to eventually reach back the ocean. Depending on what we do at the present moment, we are in various stages of our journey. The only goal in life is to understand who we really are. Serving the humanity, achieving thoughtless, understanding the Truth from Upanishad, constantly reciting, renouncing the desires and attachments, etc. are all paths to achieve the same goal.

I would like to end this long response with one final thought. All material possession we accumulate will have to be left behind. Whatever we deposit in our spiritual bank will come with us wherever we go.

Viswa

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. coolgal123

Thanks Suniil....

10. coolgal123

@sindmani, i will try to attend some sessions on the topics when my younger daughter will start going to school. I will have more focused time then...Though i love reading about it on internet, After my father demise, i spent lot of time on reading about rebirth, soul and after life on internet, somehow it brought peace to my wounded heart.

sindmani likes this.