1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My depression disappears!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Mithila Mam

Hope you are doing Good :).

Thats was one lovely post so well written. It struck an emotional chord the way you described the hut and the family staying in it.
    Been beaten up by this ever wandering and unsatisfied mind quite a few times..........I have sort of learnt the trick how to handle it.

I look at the maid that work at my home, loads of them who work at office, the vegetable seller who comes driving his wheelcart, the security guards at office........the list goes on. I tell my mind to look at all these people and the kind of life they are having and to be thankful for what iam having......

I do this when an overly irresistible desire overpowers me and if i feel depressed for not being able to have it at that point in time.

Thanks for the post

luv
    Shobha

2. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear shobha,

Thanks for the fb.
    Yes all of us feel out of sorts sometime or other.But we should try and come out of that mood sooner than later.
    Sometimes I feel very depressed,shobha.In my younger days and even in my middle age I could buy all that I wanted to buy.Now I have the money but Iam not able to walk even up to my front entrance to receive my guests.Somebody or other has to do all my bidding.I feel very bad.
    But I have a wonderful caring husband who is very cheerful.I have two lovely daughers who have become my mothers.Anjali the affectionate girl who is by my side to take care of me.I just have to make a phone call ,one of my co sisters will come down to give me company.Am I not a lucky person?Besides there are young friends like you who are like my daughters and who love me.what else do I need?
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

hi mithila,

very well written. it is so true that so many little little things in life make us happy. cheers:thumbsup

4. mithila kannan

My dear nerrali,
    Thank you dear.
    love
    mithila

5. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

A Very Beautiful Post Mam!

I loved the way you have described the hut and the girl swinging!

Kudos! Very beautifully you have brought the total scenic beauty through words:thumbsup

A simply beautiful one!

6. mithila kannan

My dear sarajara,
    Thank you for those wonderful words.Iam happy that you liked the post.
    love
    mithila