1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My decision to adopt a baby

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by achutty, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Mahi2000

Mahi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Cj

You have given me detailed picture of the homestudy. I understood what you have suggested me.
    But we cannot have our parents during home study,because they live far away, not so healthy to
    travel though.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

COngrats to all sisters and families who have brought lights in the eyes of adopted children.

If many can decide on adoptions, instead pouring money to such commercial models of INFERTILITY CLINICS which has throng up like mushrooms, children who are longing for love will be greatly benefitted.

I do agree, everyone of us would like to have one of our own, if we are not destined after a couple of attempts, we should make up our mindset to go in for adoption and give a new life for a soul who requires it, instead of going for mental agony, physical torture, money drain out.

I know families who make mutliple attempts even selling of assets to get one of their own, to have the mouth shut of their extended families, But are we not in a society to do away the age old process and spend that money on the adopted child for a better living, instead of paying to Infertility clinics, some of them these days have lost their genuinity...

May BABA bless all of them, to get their choice right, Thanks

3. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Mahi, as I mentioned before, it is only a way to show the social worker that you have a good support system to care for the baby. If you can express that just as husband and wife, it's more than enough! I wish you all the very best and I pray God leads you to the child He has set aside for you!

4. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Unfortunately Shakthi, it is not so simple... I want to adopt, but have been told that I need to wait at least for a year now as I am undergoing infertility treatment. It will then take an additional few months to a year before I can finally adopt a child. Add to it the fact that I live abroad..This process is more stressful than actually trying for a baby. Movies tend to make adopting a child so simple, when in reality it is not.. With so many children around, one will assume that it will be easy to adopt one.

And talking about people sepnding money for treatment, only the person who undergoes it knows the pain! So please do not make such statements that hurt a lot of people who go through the rigourous process of trying for a baby!! It is not just to get other people quiet, it is to satisfy themselves too...

Mythili

5. Saisakthi

Sorry Mythili sister if you have not taken my views the way it was mentioned - my emphasis was on the lines "instead of paying to Infertility clinics, some of them these days have lost their genuinity..." I hope you understand what i meant here,

I understand that both the process, infertility treatment and adoption are equally painstaking, But both the results are always good.

You always have an option of yours, mine can be mine, best wishes...

6. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Shakthi,

Sorry... I was a bit upset when I saw the lines.. u r right, I did not take it in the right way it was meant to be .

Mythili

7. Saisakthi

Dear Mythili Sister,

Thanks for understanding, May Baba bless and fulfill your wishes too.

8. Mahi2000

Mahi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Cj

Waiting for a baby seems to be tough, after being married for 12 yrs.