1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My decision to adopt a baby

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by achutty, Aug 7, 2009.

1. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

Dear all :hiyaI am married into a wonderful and joint family, my husband is the youngest of 8 siblings. All the elder brothers and sisters happily married and have 1 or 2 kids each. My husband being the youngest is most loved and pampered one of this family and I am equally lucky that the whole family treats me the same. But now its being 6 long years we have not had a child, no medicaly issues with both of us, we are absolutely fine. I had put myself in to lot of diagnosis and treatments to conceive but no luck only my health deteriorated emotionally, mentally and physically each time. Mental and emotional trauma is joint between us. Through out till date both our families are looking forward to the good news from us. I conceived with and with out medical assistance. But each time had gone upto 5-6 months and had miscarriage.

The joy and peace in our life had disappeared unknowingly for atleast last couple of months especially after I had a miscarriage in Jan2009 where it was twins and I was in 5th month running.

Finally my husband has made up his mind not to put me through any more medical treatments and torcher. Now he has started to look into adoption. He has discussed this with me for couple of times now. I think the very feeling of "yes we still can have a baby job in life" has brought us back the happiness and feeling of relief in our life. Life is more sensible now and we are just planning to discuss this in person to both our families on our next visit to India in Dec 2009.

In the meanwhile if there are any adopted parent or child, or if you have known anyone personally I wish to receive any positive and negative thoughts, fore seen issues that you know about, any comments will definitely be encouraging to us and also much appreciated. Please do not fear that our decisions are going to be affected by your replies.So do feel free to write to me whatever your thoughts are.

Till then have a nice day..:cool2::thankyou2:Bow

1 person likes this.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello Achutty

A very noble decision taken by both of you. My very best wishes and prayers with you. It hurts to hear the difficulty you have gone through in the past and can relate to as well. But putting that away, I feel you both are doing the right thing to look forward to a beautiful experience.

Take Care both of you.

3. born2vin

born2vin Bronze IL'ite

Hi achuty,

Really sorry to hear about your sad part. yes it will ruin you emotionally...
    But what you and your husbad had decided is a really a good part in your life and a noble work:bowdown. i belive all IL's will support. all the best .

I have few concern which you have to think on it before you adopt a child.because those should not ruin that childs life....

1) how you treat the child which you adopted if you luckily able to have your own one.
    2)as you mentioned abt your family.... it is really a big family... you have to get many peoples permision or ther suggestion.. surely all will not be positive.. on that case what will be your reaciton even if it i 90% positive and 10% negative you and your child need to face that 10%people in future... on some point of time.. as it is a huge family one or the other will prick the child as it si adopted.... which will spoil your total effort.... how you are going to handle this...

If you are able to manage i feel personally. it may sounds bad; but for better future of the child and for a noble cause saying lie is not bad... if both u and hubby is confortable with adoption and you both are away from your relatives... you can adopt a child there itself and don't inform the relatives it is an adopted child... i know it is not so easy as i say.. but think.. anyway adoptions is a good choice.. all the best..:thumbsup

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi Achutty

Congrats for your adoption plan.

May God bless you all

5. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi Achutty
    I am married for 9 yrs,my situation is just like yours. My husband always says that he doesn't want m eto undergo the medical tortures....once we decided to adopt,we feel the mental pain is gone. A lot of good friends,doctors have encouraged us on adoption....it is just an inter dependent relationship,between the couple and the child. We r giving life & love to the child,in turn the child shares its love....
    I wish u good luck!

6. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Achutty,
    You have taken a very good decision dear. Being in a very big family.. may be you will face some problem. But its 100% depends upon you , how you face them. Please, dont get hurt , if you dont get full support. Dont get any confusion, please, go ahead with your decision. Absolutely , there will not be any problem in adopting a child.
    I know some couples belong to a very big family, who have adopted a child and you know, ... now , they just forget that they have adopted a child. The child is now living like a princess in that big family. By the God's grace, all their relatives and friends too love that child very very much. I always, encourage Child Adoption.

ALL THE BEST . :thumbsup

7. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Dear Achutty,

That's the spirit!!! keep going and god bless.

I have known a family who have adopted a baby boy, now he is 5 yrs old. He is too cute, can never figure out that he has been adopted, he has got such good and caring parents, aunt, uncle,cousins and grand parents.

But recently the child was diagnosed with intial stage of TB and doctor has informed that it is curable. Now the child is under medication and is very much better and happy :).

Good Luck.
    Pandu

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. ankitkaran

ankitkaran Bronze IL'ite

Let me congrtulate on your decision of adopting a child. I wish you both all the best and Gods blessing.

Kiran

9. yourlittleworld

yourlittleworld New IL'ite

HI achutty...

I really appreciate your decission and the support from your husband. I have seen my uncle who adopted a kid and one of my friends who gave her kid for adoption.

I can say that this decision will definitely brings happiness to your lives. One of my neighbors, the girl she got married at the age of 17 and lost her husband after 3 yrs. She was pregnant and was 20 when her husband died. The girl didn't have any support from her inlaws and the girls parents decided to give the baby for adoption. (and they thought the girl can get married again). The baby girl got a new life which she would not have got being with her mother. As the girl was only 20 she can get married again.

One of my uncles adopted a boy. And everyone in the family loves the kid as their own grand son.

Its you people as parents who will explain the kid what is good and what is bad. I dont think people are that narrow minded these days to discourage an adopted child. I know what if, you get pregnant in future. Its the luck that brought to u with the adopted child. Then you will have 2 kids.

I wish you all the best for you all....

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    We adopted the sweetest girl baby just 9 months back. Our family members love her more than they love us. This 11 month old has such power :bowdown. Once when we complained that they are playing only with her and neglecting us, they did not even bother to reply...was busy watching her try to crawl. :drowning

Her cousin bunks school to spend time with her. We moved to Hyderabad (from Chennai) just 3 days back. They are already asking us about our next trip. I am 100% sure that they are missing her and not us.
    :hide:

We never did any of those painful procedures. After marriage we waited for a few years and then went for adoption. So glad we did this. Or else we would have missed this darling.

We rarely remember that she is adopted. Actually she has started imitating so many of our mannerisms and she even resembles the two of us.

3 people like this.