1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My dear Preethi,letter to a lovely grand daughter from a loving grand mother!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, Feb 22, 2010.

1. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Mythilyji

Welcome back.......... Happy to see you here that too with a Bang. Lovely note of your married life. I saw an imaginery blush in your cheeks when I read about how your love grew over a period of time.

I feel we Indians lack in that area of showing our love outwardly to our loved ones unlike Westerners. We still have that apprehensions and inhibitions. We are not open in our emotions, may be we are cowards or loaded with ego or what else I would not know, though our hearts are filled with love.

The letter to newly wed Preethi & Anand is a great source of inspiration to show their love to each other which is the greatest gift.

Take care of your health to wish the grand kids of Sridharji on their wedding.

Best Rgds
    Shanti

2. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,
    Its good to see you here .
    He looked at me and said in an emotion filled voice,”Bubbles (that is his pet name for me)I have not seen you for two days da.D o you know how much I missed you?”
    This brought tears to my eyes .Wish you both many more loving years .Get well soon mam and enthrall us with your posts.
    Regards,

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Mithila,
    Welcome back! Was real thrilled to see your post here after a brief rendezvous with you know what! God is great!
    Due to various reasons, I am not able to give much time to IL but I do peek in once in a while to scoop the hidden treasure and gems here. May God give you and yours a long and healthy life!
    Your wonderful birthday gift to Preethi is a must read for all women to be married.
    Love,
    Malathi

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Kamla,
    I have no words to thank you for those kind words.I ate a piece of cake (though my dh says that I ate quite a lage piece)and I opened my eyes in the ICU.
    Dear Kamla it was a harrowing time for me and the family.If the medicines hhelped me,love and affection and prayers from all of you stood vigil over me.As long as I have friends like you I don't think I need to worry at all.
    Now Iam takingexercises from a physio therapist.It may take a couple of months to become my normal self,but my mind is working non stop,so much to share with all of you.

Thanks Kamla for your loving words.
    love
    mithila

5. mithila kannan

My dear Malathi,
    Thank you my dear friend for your kind words and concern.
    Iam happy that you liked the post.
    love
    mithila

6. mithila kannan

My dear Viji,
    Thank you my dear for your lovely fb.Iam grateul.My dh is a very caring person and Iam fortunate to be his wife.
    Thanks a ton for your good wishes.
    love
    mithila

7. mithila kannan

My dear Shanti,
    I agree with you that we Indians are mostly inhibited,shy to show our love for each other in public.But this aspect also adds charm to ourlives.Imagine this scene.The husband returns home aftr a long official tour.Being in a joint family all they can do to exchange shy tender looks,till they are able to enjoy privacy.And what great enjoment that is,teas of joy rolling down the cheeks of the wife,tender hugs from the husband.These moments will remain in their memory for a lifetime.

love
    mithila

8. mithila kannan

My dear lucky,
    Thanks.
    By the way you should congratulate Mr.VaralottiSridhar who is a very good frind of me and my husband.I took the liberty of addressing his daughter as my grand daughter and wrote that letter.
    love
    mithila

9. mithila kannan

My dear Raji,
    Thank you,dea.love
    mithila

10. mithila kannan

My dear Gowri,
    Thank you dear for your loving words.Iam grateful to God that IL and ILITES are there for me.
    love
    mithila