1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Dear GFs, Please Forgive Me! I Lied!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 25, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My dear GF,
    Lakshmi or Corallux, both are good names. I could not improve on what Shakespeare said,
    "What is in the name by which we call a rose a rose
    Which by any other name will smell as sweet."

Thanks Lakshmi for those words.

Thanks once more. I gave a print out of the poem to my fil and mil. My fil is a retired English professor who has read the best of authors and poets. To him my attempt at poetry should have looked childish. Since I happened to be his sil, he called me up and said, "very different thinking" and all.

And then my mil read the poem. She called my wife to say something about the poem. But she broke down and cried. That was a great compliment paid to my poetry writing skills.

In a way my wife's talents are more precious than what I think are mine. Once an ILite told my wife I know how it is to be the wife of a minor celebrity. How irritating it would be and so on.
    She is my first editor and the worst critic. There is only person in the whole world who can be more caustic than her - my daughter.

regards,

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

My dear BF,

As regards your wife, she has to be a step ahead of you or else how can she keep an eye on you?Big Laugh

As for your daughter, Remember what a famous poet said : Child is the father of man

So there you go, you have a fantastic wife, lovely daughter & plenty of GFs

Lucky you!

Regards,

L

3. varalotti

You are no less lucky, my dear GF. A husband who is ready to come along when you are going to travel with your BF! What more blessing can a woman expect!
    Thanks for the nice words, GF. You made my day.

love,

4. varalotti

My Dear GFs,
    What next, Varalotti? This is the question top most in your minds. And here you go.

Will You Walk With Me?
    This is a walk, not only in the streets of Madurai, but also down the memory lane. Filled with sentiments, romance...... no.. no.. I don't want to spoil your suspense.

Go ahead and read.

love,

5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Hello V,

When you mentioned that you have written a poem, I thought its going to make me feel good. But it has made me feel bad and undeserved !:( It led me into thinking what all I have got in life - lovely parents, gem of a husband , an adorable daughter! Do I deserve it, it pricks me!

For me, this is not just a poem, its enlightenment. I think we need to sit before God not when we have worries but when we are happy. We need to thank Him and feel undeserved, thats what would instill humility in us. V you have managed to touch the readers heart and soul once again.

I dont want to belittle this poem by applauding it, but want to quietly sign out and keep thinking about it.

Purni

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  6. varalotti

Hello Purni,

Actually when you feel you don't deserve anything you have in life, you don't feel bad. You feel very good. When we feel that everything is a bounty given by Him without our earning it, we tend to respect our lives, cherish our bounty and as they quite often say, carefully count our blessings.

We should never sit before God when we are in grief or when we have our worries. That's why our Hindu scriptures say that when there is a death in a household, the members are forbidden to go to the Temple or perform regular pujas in the house for a minimum period of one year.

I am happy to know that you like the poem.
    regards,

7. varalotti

My dear GFs,

We have waited long enough in American College. Time to resume our walk now.

Dress up and get ready for the next round of walk,

Will You Walk With Me? III

love,

8. varalotti

9. coolbird

coolbird New IL'ite

Dear V,

Beautiful poem :thumbsup.......... brilliant flow of thoughts. Would love to read more.

Sil

10. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Sil
    V