1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughters

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,
    I enjoyed reading your write-up.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,

Another one here with two daughters:) BTW, I am also one of two daughters:)

I agree with you on one thing..it is nice to have daughters. Today, my daughters are my friends and companions. And mind you, we have not left out our man in the house either whilst pampering:-D

But one thing I don't get...You keep calling yourself an old man ?!! Kamalji, you are in the prime still. It seems the word 'old-age' has been shifted to a later period. Maybe we can rethink about it once you touch 75..ok ?! Make a pact now and call yourself young and vibrant!

L, Kamla

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,

I liked this post. enjoyed it immensely. I have a daughter who is 12 and just looks like she was a baby yesterday, started talking when she was 9 months thought she is going to be a chatterbox..but ..a very quiet and reserved one now. A very mature and understanding one also. I did not have much time with her when she was a baby..-ves of joint family..was always taken care by the grandparents...
    But both my daughter and son are dad's pet.and their balance also tilts towards dad...

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Great memories and the way u have written it is enjoyable. I have one daughter and a son... U gave me sweet memories...
    My daughter gave me a tough time.... I used to come very late from office around midnight, as i was runnign around to build my career. My dinner will be invariably around 11.30-12.00. After that i will go to sleep but by that time my daughter would have finished her first round sleep and will start crying... so i will keep her in my lap and my dothi will be the craddle... Slowly she will sleep... The moment i take her off my lap, she will start screaming/not crying.... So i forced to develop a habit of sleeping with my daughter sleeping on my lap....

She had some severe viral fever when she was 2 yrs old and she had to be admitted in the hospital for 6 days with drips.... Oops.... It was really tough, I have to be with her in the bed to calm her down... The whole hospital was turned upside down by her screams.... I used to do my office work in the hospital...

But I didnt spend much happy times with my son during his first year..... He had lot of health issues and has wheezing... Invariable all his wheezing issues will start after 10.00 and we had to take him to the hospital and knock the doors...But he takes it all now.... He wants me to be with him all time non-stop... They are 12&9 now and a long way to go......

Thanks for kindling the sweet memories.....

Veda

5. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji, Thanks for a wonderful article about your sweet daughters. I too have a lovely sweet one who shares everything under the sky with me. So sweet she is. she loves and adores her father very much. But her relationship with me is more than words can explain. She is such an angel in my life and my life revolves round her. Some times i feel sad for the impatience i have. Even when i shout at her in anger she will cool me down with her sweet smile. I never feel sad that God didn't give me another child (a boy or a girl). He has given me the best of his angels. Thanks for rekindling the sweet memories.

Regards,

sujatha

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

SLP 870

Thanks.kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sindujaji,

thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Kamlaji,

So yr husband also needs pampering eh.well same is the case with me.who dosnt need pamperig:-(

I wanted 2 daughters and got them.Did anyone tell u to try for a son?like parents or freinds?

OK, on yr say so, i will call myself young once again,and at 75, will call myself old.Thanks for making me a young man once again.My wife will be so happy.HAHA.

Thanks for yr great comments.You made my day.Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

i have cut off the ji thistime.ok ?:)

Life would be so boring without children,Shanti.Husband and wife would get bored with each other very soon after marriage.

So yr son and dau are Dads. thats nice.Dont worry , the equation changes very often.

Thanks for yr kind comments.Regards.kamal;

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

Your children are grown up now.Glad to know they are keeping better health.I an d wife were alone in jaipur, and we had to take care of the daus,and it can be tough really sometimes.

If they get fever, it has to be in the night when doctors are not available.Thats life.But having children is worth it, and i feel When god is kind he gives u good children,

Thanks and regards.kamal