1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter's Wedding - The Post And the Pictures

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar uncle,

All's well that ends well.

Very very happy to see the photos of Preethi's wedding and your writeup about the wedding. Preethi and Anandh look very happy in the pictures. I can relate this wedding to mine's (me from orthodox iyer family and DH from north India). I can see my father in your writing. No worries now, your son has come YAY!!!

Good to see our dear ILites in the wedding. Indhu aunty looks pretty bright :)

Take care,
    Uma

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,

Such an emotional post and thanks for sharing the snaps.

May God shower his blessings on the newly weds,May they be Happy always.

suji

3. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Hearty congratulations

Good wishes to your Dear Daughter and Son-in-law.
    She is looking very beautiful and soo happy :) .

You have written so nicely about the whole wedding. Thanks for sharing photos with us.

My eyes became wet when i read the wording "your home"..
    you describe your heart out.. :bowdown

4. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Hearty Congratulations on the wedding of your daughter.

My best wishes to your lovely daughter and your son-inlaw for a wonderful, long and a very happy married life.

I was very thrilled and happy to see that everything in this big event of your life went smooth sailing. The fact that 4500 people attended the wedding goes to show yours and Indhu M'am's warmth and affection in building and preserving such strong bonds with people. Of course, the fact that so many of the ILites made it to the wedding is another testimony of not just your popularity here, but more of the warmth that we all feel for you.

Your post was beautiful. In this post the father in your overshadowed the writer in you! Simply marvelous!

Your "moment of tears" incident makes me want to share this with you - being a girl and married for over a decade, I can say that although my parents' home may no longer be "my" home but it is still the home where I have all of the best memories of my life. And I know that this part will never change. I know that Preethi must be feeling the same inside.

Warm regards and once again my best wishes to the married couple.

SS

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  5. hamsa23

hamsa23 Senior IL'ite

Dear sir

My heartly Congratulations to newly wed, potos are tooooooooo gud sir, and I became a fan of ur writings

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Congrats !!!!! You made it :)

I applaud you and your wife for listening to your daughter and making the right decision. Caste is just man-made.

I pray the Almighty to shower his blessings. May they have an awesome, fun-filled beautiful lifetime together :)

7. vijianand

vijianand Senior IL'ite

Sir,

A verbal treat for one and all , on the wedding and the lessons learnt!!!

All the very best to your dd and son -in-law for a very Happy Married Life!!!
    Thanks a bunch for sharing the photos with us.

Regards,
    Viji

8. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hello,

Nice write up and great pics. Many congratulations on your daughter's wedding. It was nice to see all the famous Il'tes too. Wishing them a long and happy wedded life (your DD and sil - not the Ilites!!).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  9. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji,

Wonderful write up on the wedding-It conveyed all your feelings. I felt as if I have attended the wedding in person. Thought I have read your many articles on different topic, this one indeed proved your capabilities as an excellent writer par excellence. It conveyed all your emotions, excitement, anxiety, subtle tinge of let down by daughter when she chose her own groom, it brought out everything.

And the photos just captured the mood in pictures, aptly supported by the captions which you have numbered serially. The bride looks beautiful, and the bride's mother looks more beautiful and looks very young. (Lucky you :wink: )

Radhi

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar and Indhu,
    myself and Raghavan witnessed Preethi and Anand's wedding thro photos, first thing in the morning. I am so happy for her. I felt peace when I saw the happiness on Preethi's face. This is what matters in the end. God bless the young couple with all the 16 sowbhagyams in life.
    And congrats to you and your whole family for successfully conducting this marriage. I can imagine the crowd which would have been at the wedding. My mother used to sing a detailed song about Goddess Meenakshi's marriage, that song came to my mind when I read about Preethi's marriage.
    Only a small group of ILiites were present there physically, but most were there in spirit, blessing the young couple.
    I wish the young couple all the best in life.