1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter's Wedding - The Post And the Pictures

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Varalotti Sir,

Hearty Congratulations on getting your daughters marriage done in a very nice manner!

Happy to know that your daughters wedding went on well! :)

MY wishes and congratulations to the newly weds.:thumbsup

Thanks for the pics :) Yes for the first time i got to see the big ppl of IL Chitvish padmam, the great Varlotti with family!

Your post got me clear as how my parents would have felt when they got me married... the worries, tensions other deeper feelings, for mine been a love marriage too.

Its been 3 years and still I cant change me mentioning my paternal home as " enga veedu" to my DH. He teases me for that still!!

your Daughter Looks Very Preety and So is your wife [ she looks so young! :)]

My Best Wishes and Congratulations once again!

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    That was like a relishing a full feast at the wedding! What a grand podium! What a crowd of our ilites! And to top it all your touching write up about the lessons learnt! Am waiting for more write ups on all the other things you have experienced in the wedding of your loving princess!
    Love
    Malathi

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar sir, had the great opportunity of meeting the bride and the groom and all your IL girl friends !!
    Your writeup on the wedding is just fabulous and I felt that I was part of the whole show !!!
    Feels great to be associated with a wonderful writer like you through Indus !!

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

Tears rolled down my eyes reading the description of your daughter's marriage. What a marriage. Your daughter is really blessed to have parents like you and Indhu aunty. Also your post about family and relationships and friendship. Life's balance sheet : very very true.

Iam so happy to see the Ilite's in photos. Faces behind the names, can now connect easily.

I had a totally different imagination of how you would look like.
    Seeing your picture i was laughing at my self :)

Very Very Heart Felt Best wishes to the Married Couple. Please convey my wishes to your daughter.

Wish her a Happy, peaceful, prosperous and successfull life ahead.

shobha

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,
    Your post brought tears in my eyes. No not because you have mentioned my name but because the agony and turmoil you underwent physically and mentally you underwent. As your Guru said when both are equally educated why should we stand as a barrier?
    The sincerity shown in your voice and effort to contact me made me immediately to fly and bless the couple. According to me ,
    இடங்களின் தூரங்கள்
    அதிகமாய் இருந்தாலும்
    இதயங்களின் தூரத்தைக்
    குறைத்துக் கொண்டு வாருங்கள்.

வெறுப்புகள் - பொறாமைகள் - வஞ்சகங்களை
    திருமண மண்டபத்தின்
    வாசலில்
    செருப்புகளோடு கழட்டிப்போடுங்கள
    நட்புகள் - பாசங்கள் - அன்புகள் உடன்
    மணமேடையில்
    பொறுப்போடு பூக்கள் போடுங்கள்Am I correct?
    In fact I wanted to thank you personally for the way in which You, Indhu , sudha and all others showered your love and affection on me. Making me feel at home and comfortable. I pour my heartfelt thanks for it. May God shower the nicest things on the young couple and on your family. I do not have words to express my feelings. I am dumbfounded. Snaps are ssssssuuuuuuuuppppppppeeeerrrrrrr !
    with love
    pad

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

First thing in the morning I was waiting for this writeup and devoured the same too but just could not come and given an fb.

To be honest we were dumbfounded by the love and affection showered by you, Indhu, your mother and all your relatives ofcourse the heroine too. Seeing the snaps felt like a rewind going on once again and could feel the warmth. Though I met Sudha for the first time but she made me feel so comfortable. God bless you all dears.

Our ILite meet was the greatest I should say and we sneaked to our queen Chitvish's house and met her mom & sis thats another story...will try to share it sometime.

The lessons learnt are very valuable Sri and your gurus words are the ultimate truth. Whatever it is Sri the happiness of the kid is very important and the same was very evident from Preethi's face. Let her life be filled with happiness & love always...what else as parents we need?

On the whole our whole trip was quite enjoyable, kids loved a lot that too especially their shopping spree at pothy's. Incidentally Akshaya bought her birthday(14th) dress at Pothy's. My Dh celebrated his birthday on the wedding day....so totally a birthday bashes we had. Now Janani says "ask Sridhar uncle to do another wedding during August so that I can Shop at Pothy's for my birthday". Howzzat?

Though I had met almost all the Ilites but meeting together was all the more fun...Enjoyed your writeup Sri..agree with you and I can always understand how the father feels as I was more close to my dad and still miss him a lot.

7. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Beautiful pictures and even more beautiful family. I have 2 daughters myself and often my DH and I have discussed what it would be like when they get married. When the time comes I hope we will be as happy and proud as you and your wife are.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

What a lovely post and adorned with all those pictures. You have made all of us Ilites partake in your daughter's wedding. Thank you.

Loved the write up leading to the pictures, you proved that you are a born writer all right!

Me being the air head that I am, opened the piture files and saw ONLY the first photo and closed the file again wondering why you had posted just three photos and that too an odd choice. The original tubelight that I am, realized only later after reading your listing that there were more than one pic to each file!!!!! Haaa.

It was a lovely wedding and your daughter looks beautiful. Anand sure must be in anandam for getting such a lovely wife. BTW, he is the namesake of my husband! They look so happy and may God Bless them with everything beautiful.

You and Indhu look good as usual. It was a special treat to see Chitvish, Sudha, Lalitha, Meenakshi, Padmini representing the ILites. Ladies, all of you looked lovely!

L, Kamla

9. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Congratulations for your daughter's wedding and my best wishes to the lovely couple!

Sure it must have been a himalayan task but extremely satisfying performing your daughter's marriage!

Amma gave me a vivid account of her trip to Madurai and the marriage. She couldn't stop talking about the 'Virundombal' of you, Indhu and your parents. She had a short but very sweet stay at Madurai.

It is indeed wonderful to read your beautiful description of the marriage and the terrific pictures. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Now combined with amma's narration, it felt as though I attended the marriage in person!

Your daughter looks so beautiful and happy! God bless the couple!

Regards,
    Krithika

10. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridharji

Thanks so much for sharing the pics. Your vivid description and lessons are really wonderful to read.

The stage decorations was fabulous.

Your DD Preethi and Anand, looked very much in love together and Anand was in all smiles throughout the rituals and vidhis.

Also good to see all the great Ilites.

Blessings for the loving couples.