1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter's Wedding - The Post And the Pictures

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 17, 2010.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shobha,

Absolutely sorry to have missed your post in this thread. believe me shobha, it was not at all intentional or deliberate. I had to answer quite a number of posts and was of course taking all precautions not to miss anything. But in spite of all that I missed your post. I apologize, Shoba. Promise you it won't happen again.

At the end of the day your family is what all you have. A few well meaning relatives and understanding friends is all the wealth one can hope to have in this world, if living happily is our aim. In that way I've been blessed several times over.

People many times accuse God that He does not give things we deserve. If only I can do so I will lift myself and show to the whole world that here's the person on whom God showered many things without caring to verify whether I deserve it or not. Love just gives. It's justice that checks whether the receiver deserves the giving. God is love. And not justice. If he's justice I won't be living today.

In fact I wrote a poem once about this aspect of God entitled 'Once There Was a Rally Against God'. Try to find that in my index. Otherwise let me know I will give the links.

Did you think that I would look much better and in reality I look awkward? Or is it the other way round?

Thanks once again for your kind wishes, Shobha. Once again I request you to kindly forgive me for not replying to your post earlier.
    love,
    sridhar

2. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

Please dont be so Sorry. ........... :)
    There are many friends of yours in IL and I have seen the number of people who have left thier comments on this post.

It would have really been hard on you to reply on all the comments and meanwhile gives us oue weekly doses of your short and long stories.

Thanks for replying.

Will wait for tommorow's serious post.

regards
    Shobha

3. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir

I was moved to tears reading your post and am weeping even now as I am typing this. What a moving and touching post!!

I can relate so much to what you have narrated. Mine was a love marriage, me Palakkad Iyer married to an absolutely lovable person from another caste. But the issue of different castes even now remains a hurdle in my family accepting me despite being happily married for 13 years with a 12 year-old son. I speak to my mother and sister on the sly only. I have met them only once in these 13 years. So you can understand the longing and love that my sister, mother and I feel for each other esp cos we are thick as thieves.

I really wish my BIL (who is dead over our alliance and hence the whole family) would read your post. I doff my hat to you, sir, for so magnanimously accepting your daughter's choice and conducted the wedding so well and wishing her well. Your unconditional love is the best gift you could ever give her - not the jewellery, the silk sarees, the grand wedding, etc. :bowdown:bowdown

We all live just once. We are God's children; who are we to bear grudges, or who are we to forgive? Ellam avan seyal!

Sorry for the long and rambling story. I rarely break down, but reading your experiences made me recall my own wedding and I had to get it off the chest.

Once again, my namaskarams to a fine gentleman and your wife too. You have truly walked the talk.:thumbsup:-)

4. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir

Hope you forgive me for giving this FB so late. Procrastination. :bonk...hmm my menace.

It was as if we attended the wedding, that your narration so perfect that I could visualise. Although I heard a first hand description on that day itself, from a dearmost ILite who was there in person, the photos fine tuned it.

I really applaud you and Indu for putting your loved ones wish first before anyother social factor/stigma.

The captions for the photos revealed the love for your girl.

I also had tears when I read the part about when you cried.

Your whole post reminded me of the song: Maragatha vallikku manakkolam... song from the movie Anbulla Appa.

Wishes for the couple!

5. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hello sir,

With tears rolling down my eyes........typing this. How emotional we become reading someone else journey thru life. I thank you bcos thru these pics we cud relate to some ilites. To tell u the truth only to have a sneak peak of the lady whom i admire the most now - Chitra Mami, i went thru the pics........But then ended up reading the article related to it. It is the love of our family members that give us inner strenght to manage most of the difficult situations in life.I remembered my periappas , chittappas and appas bonding reading the line which tells abt ur bro helping you...May god bless everyone in your family

Love,
    Parvathi.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  6. varalotti

Thanks for the understanding Shobha. It's not the mere delay that I am concerned about. It's the omission, of your post, while replying to the thread. Will be more careful in future.
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear hat,

It's really sad that your people should oppose your love marriage. Not that every once can accept love readily. For me it took months and months. Hours and hours of arguments and counter arguments with my daughter. But before we started we had established very clear ground rules. Number one, we should not get emotional. And number two except with the consent of the other party we should not drag in a third person to the issue.

It was only after we decided that we should go ahead with the match we informed the people around.

But hat, you should not mistake your people simply because they refused to accept your love. I know how tough a decision it is. For me who is not such a religious person, not so orthodox, a writer of love stories, brought up with a metropolitan outlook, it was one of the toughest decisions of my life. Just imagine how hard it would be for others.

well said, hat. But it is given to us to pray. To seek His love and His help in our life. He'd be there for you.
    I shall include you in my prayers. I will pray for a faster reunion with your mother and sister. May God be always with you and yours.
    love,
    sridhar

8. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for the kind advice and prayers. I am touched by your gesture. My prayers and wishes for your daughter and SIL. Wish them both a long and happy married life!:)

9. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Dear Appa,

I am really sorry for the delay in posting the comments. I thought since it has been a while, you wouldn't check the comments here, but I am wrong.

I was very eagerly waiting for the photos, but I was not able to open the photos from my office though I had Adobe installed. I tried again from home, it didn't work. It kept going to the same page. My husband was very sure that the page didn't have any photos that can be opened in Adobe. I was restless for 2 days and finally able to see them from the link you gave to kavya.

I was very very happy to see you, Indhu ma and Preethi. She looked gorgeous in all the snaps and happiness on her face was evident. I wish her a very happy long married life. Please pass on my wishes to her. She should be smart and matured (just for the reason she being the daughter of you), Otherwise, there is no way she can convice you with her arguments. She seems to be a very confident person. I was bit taken aback when she said "your home". That is unusual. I still say "my home" after 5 1/2 years(OMG has it been this long..I am still thinking that I am newly married LOL). I think she didn't mean it literally. Indhu ma looks Stunning. You look very good in the Shervani.

In addition, I got to see the other Ilites(faces behind the names) that I admire. Forgot to mention about the narration part, it was so wonderful. No wonder it brought tears to my eyes. I became emotional when reading that. I can't agree more with you.

My daughter(one year old) keeps me totally occupied at home and very busy at work. That was the cause for my delay. I can't say that I don't find time that too infront of you who manage to include everything within that 24 hours. I admire your time management skill as well.

Appa, how can you think that your Guru would throw you out of the class after hearing your decision? I know he wouldn't, but you shouldn't even had that slightest doubt. I am taking the liberty of asking this as your daughter.

your dd,
    Anabika.

10. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

First of all my wishes to the Married couple, a very happy married life..

Sridhar sir, you are awesome i read all your post bout your DD marriage and saw all pics, thanks for sharing in your way :thumbsup

Indu mam just glowing in your DD day :)
    Nice to Chitra mam and other Ilites too.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010