1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Intro done .. Thank God Ash started liking him... Why did she call him ?? To ask for his expectations about his girl-to-be ??

I want some happening things in her life..poor girl her life looks so dull..
    --PS

meril likes this.
  2. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

No I think about her higher studies...

3. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious!

“Ahh.. well.. I want to ask you something?” said Ashvini

“Oh alright.. go ahead”, said Ashoke.

After a being reluctant for a couple of minutes, Ashvini looked up at Ashoke who was taller to Ashvini beyond 4 inch, which made her raise her neck.

Ashoke gazed at Ashvini anticipating the question. "What is it,he asked.

Ashvini didn’t want to keep him waiting any longer and said: I have completed my Bachelors recently.

“Yeah, I know we just spoke about it” ,said Ashoke clueless of the question.

“I wanted to do study further, but my dad make up of a plan of getting me married. Ahh..” pauses Ashvini.

Ashoke slightly slanted his head and said "okay" and kept looking at Ashvini to hear more from her?

Ashvini took a deep breath gaining all the confidence she lacked and said with her head held high: I want to study further even after my marriage that is and if this meeting goes any further and we get married I hope you don’t have an issue with it.

Ashoke was glad that she didn’t ask him to wait until she finishes her studies. He smiled at Ashvini and said I am fine with my wife persuading her further studies.

Ashvini’s eyes brightened with joy and a beautiful smile flashed before Ashoke, he smiled once again at to see her excited and said: Is that all? Shall I leave now? Making sure he wouldn’t be called once again.

Ashvini giggles and said: Yeah, you may.

Both of them walks towards the entrance and enters the hall where the family was seated.

All of them were seated, Reshmi aunt took her seat by Ashoke’s mom and was in a deep conversation.

Ashvini took her position beside the door frame as she stood before the conversation with Ashoke.

After another 10 minutes of conversation, Ashoke’s dad mumbled something to Ashoke and then said it out loud.

“I was asking him whether we can leave now? He has to catch the early morning flight.”, said his dad to which everyone agreed.

Ashoke’s dad stood up and so did the others. He shook hands with Kumar and said: I will let you know our decision.

Ashoke and his brother also shook hands with Kumar and Shan as they walked outdoor towards their car.

His sister exchanged smiles at Ashvini and his mother held her hand as she smiled and greeted her.

Ashvini didn’t know what more to say, she noticed his brother limping into the car, Ashoke turned behind to get a glimpse of Ashvini and shook his head as a gesture to take leave, she did the same, and holding onto Rohan’s shoulder.

She kept smiling until their car left the premise.

To be continued.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Deepu04 and ritz1 like this.
  4. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thanks ritz, I appreciate you understand the effort behind every writers.

Thanks for the feedback Aarthi,

5. seepra

seepra Bronze IL'ite

When are you posting the next episode

peddadas likes this.
  6. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Updates please....
    PS

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious!

Ashvini and Rohan escaped to her room once Ashoke and family left, she spend some time with Rohan who seemed bored the whole day.

They relaxed by sitting on her bed and she enquired about school and his friends, he induced into his conversation and small talks.

Meanwhile, downstairs Kumar, Reshmi and Shan had sat down for a little chat.

Kumar asked them “How did you like Ashoke?”

“He seemed to be nice” answered Reshmi quickly. Shan nodded his head to show his support.

“Yeah.. he seems to be nice right? Good family background, education, pleasant looking and good behaviour” added Kumar.

He has all the qualities I wanted my son-in-law to have.

“I wonder if he has all the qualities Ashvini ever wanted her husband to have, Shan kept his thoughts to himself as he promised not to give his opinion unless asked.

“I feel Ashvini also liked him, she looked happy after the meeting” said Kumar to which both of them remained quiet.

Reshmi looked away from Kumar, anticipating a question from him. Reshmi, why don’t you ask Ashvini weather she liked him?

“Oh, I knew this was coming up, Reshmi’s inner voice claimed”

If she did we can start with the wedding preparations soon, he would be away for a month, so maybe as soon as he gets back, we could…

Bhiaya, interrupted Reshmi who sensed Shan’s discomfort in Kumar’s talks. We need to wait for their response too reminded Reshmi.

“Ahh.. yea..yea.” said Kumar and took a deep breath before he removed his eye-glasses and rested his head on the headrest.

Reshmi hoped she didn’t hurt his feeling but if she didn’t remind him, Shan would and she assumed it would be heartbreaking to him.

Shan and Reshmi exchanged eye-contact, and she blinked at him to assure that everything would be fine, and to relax.

“I will ask Ashvini, assured Reshmi hesitatingly.” Kumar raised his head and said “Yeah, please do Reshmi, and let me know before you leave.”

“What? You want me to ask her today itself?” reassured Reshmi.

“Yeahh.. please, she might be in her room, just..just ask her” Kumar said in a low tone.

“Reshmi agreed, but incase she says she needs more time to think you need to give her.” Reshmi said.

“Yeah, this isn’t a decision she has to take in a fraction of second, it’s the most important decision of her life, if it’s good or bad, it’s something that would affect her for a lifetime” said Shan at a breath, he threw out all the frustration at a breath.

“Yea, maybe.. we should give her sometime Kumar agreed.”

Reshmi sighed with relief as Shan’s words didn’t seem to hurt Kumar.
    Where is Rohan? Reshmi asked standing tall on her heels to move in search of him.

“He is with Ashvini, Kumar ensured and reminded Reshmi to talk to Ashvini.

To be continued..

peddadas, 28neha, sunthari and 3 others like this.
  8. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

This is good going..Can we get an update please :BangHead::BangHead:?

--PS

9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Meril, update please...

I started reading this story when I was dating my hubby (then boyfriend). We then got married, got a boy- who will be turning 2 in another 4 month's time...and all these while Ashvini's marriage has yet to be confirmed :weary:. Your story seems to be longer than the Tamil TV serials:nut: Spare the poor Ashvini, please don't delay her marriage any longer :(

10. geetashree

geetashree New IL'ite