1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daily Schedule - Working Mom in Chennai

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by ecradha, Jun 4, 2013.

1. ecradha

ecradha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a silent reader of this blog. I have 5 years old kid. I dont have any servant maids at our house. Me and my husband are doing all the household works (sharing some funny tamil film jokes :biglaugh during work and playing songs). Herewith I am enclosing my daily schedule and weekly cooking menu (which helps you to plan in advance). Pls go thru and let me know your views. :wave:

This schedule is as per our clock (Which runs half an hour in advance, hence the actual schedule starts from 5:30 AM)

My Daily Schedule

Morning

6:00 - 6:30 AM - Walking/ Switch ON the washing machine (Clothes will be dried by FIL)
    6:30 - 6:45 AM - Bathing - Listening Sloga
    6:45 - 7:00 AM - Prayer to God - Listening Sloga - Husband/Son Get Up & Read Newspaper:coffee
    7:00 - 7:15 AM - Coffee/Rice/Dhal Prepration- Husband/Son Walking
    7:15 - 7:30 AM - Breakfast Preparation
    7:30 - 8:15 AM - Lunch Preparation by me - Clothes Ironing by Husband, Son Studying
    8:15 - 8:30 AM - Me, Husband & Son Get Ready
    8:35 - 8:45 AM - Have Breakfast
    8:45 - 9:00 AM - Pack bags/Wear Shoes
    9:00 AM - Leave Home

Evening

3:45 - 5:00 PM - Son watches TV on return from School (After 5:00, We will disconnect cable wire. Till now Son doesn't know that)
    5:00 - 6:00 PM - Gardening by Son, Playing with my FIL
    6:00 - 6:30 PM - Refresh, Pray God, Have Coffee and ready for Studying
    6:30 - 7:30 PM - Son Studying (I will give his practice sheet to my FIL in morning)
    7:30 - 8:00 PM - I will return from Office. Spent some time with Son (Asking him about the day, Helping in his Homework) Side by side I will cut vegetable for next day's cooking.:goodidea:
    8:00 - 8:30 PM - Dinner Preparation. Cleaning the house (Me or Husband).:hide:
    [FONT=Verdana]8:30 - 9:00 PM - [FONT=Verdana]Have Dinner watching TV[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]9:00 - 9:30 PM - [FONT=Verdana]Utensils cleaning (Me & Husband)/ Put clothes in Washing Machine and soaking it till next day morning.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]9:30 - 10:00 PM - [FONT=Verdana]Walk in Terrace and talk with my Husband/Son about the day, listen film songs.:kiss[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]10:00 PM - Go to Sleep:shhh:[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][B][U]Weekly Cooking Menu[/U][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Sunday
    Breakfast - Uppuma/Adai/Pongal
    Lunch - Variety Rice/Non-Veg with Side Dish (Will prepare it for night also)
    Dinner - Idiyappam/Paratha/Chappathi/Poori

Monday
    Breakfast - Idli/Oats
    Lunch - Rice/Sambar/Sundal
    Dinner - Rice/Dosa
    Son Snacks - Idli/Biscuit/Sundal

Tuesday
    Breakfast - Noodles/Oats
    Lunch -
    Rice/Rasam/Poriyal
    Dinner - Rice/Idli
    Son Snacks - Noodles/Cake/Mixture

Wednesday
    Breakfast- Paniyaram/Oats

Lunch- Rice/Kootu or Karakulambu/Fries or Egg

Dinner - Rice /Rice Uppuma
    Son Snacks- Paniyaram/Chocos/Fries

Thursday
    Breakfast -Oats
    Lunch -Variety Rice/Gravy
    Dinner - Rava Dosa
    Son Snacks- Variety Rice/Biscuit/Fruits

Friday
    Breakfast - Dosa
    Lunch -Rice/Sambar/Poriyal
    Dinner - Rice/Idli
    Son Snacks - Dosa/Wrafers/Fruits

Saturday
    Breakfast-Bread/Sathu Maavu
    Lunch - Rice/Vatha kulambu or Rasam or Morkulambu/Keerai/ Thuvaiyal
    Dinner - Rice/ Outside Dinner
    Son Snacks - Idli Uppuma or any other uppuma/Biscuit

With Fun & Love :thumbsup,
    Radha

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    8 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello Radha,

Welcome to IL! Please see the forum rules and etiquette here.
    That's a very comprehensive meal plan which you shared, thanks for that! I am sure many of us would find it useful. How old is your son?

3. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hi Radha,

this is a very extensive list.. Hope you must have a lot of planning ahead. Another suggestion that my mom follows and is still following ( She is still working) ..
    She will plan her vegetable menu as per alphabet order including greens.And she will or my dad will buy the vegetables for the week or if it is greens they will buy the previous day and lean them and store on the fridge. Garlic and pearl onions will be bought and peeled and stored for the entire week.

Am always amazed seeing her to take so great are on me and my brother from our small ages in spite of her tuning with work whih even the home makers does not tend to do..

4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

ecradha
    wow!!
    you have come up with such great details of your daily schedule and menu.
    From my POV making a weekly menu is as important as other things in the schedule...
    It happens to me often that when i am about to prepare something i find some ingredients missing from kitchen...and its then that i curse myself for not making a menu and shopping accordingly. :)

5. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

wow!!!

Love the way u r organized...I could use some tips from you...I am also gonna come up with a meal plan for the week and buy/cut veggies in advance...that way cooking time will be less and we wl have more time to spend at home... kudos to you :)

1 person likes this.