1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"my Cup Of Tea"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Feb 25, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

“My cup of tea”

Almost a two decade old (“young and tender” should I say?) friendship that we treasured, got back to spin on its axis of life when my eyes met “the other I”. My prayers were seeded on the right platform; echoed my inner voice. My senses felt the true life within. My eyes could feel the appealing reality. My bundle of fibers within felt the impulse and bliss of a perfect companionship. Yes. I salute to thank all of Almighty’s creation for I got back my lovely dear friend“Nithya”.

It was after a tiring day’s (22/02/2008 Friday) work I returned home just to listen my father’s voice, reaching out to me the receiver of the phone, trying to convince that someone dear had called and I should answer. Without having much time to refresh, I just eased myself by releasing the knot of my hair and lowered my hand bag on my cot. Looking onto my Lord’s poster in my room, I tried to quickly convey my “hi” and a flash of second was utilized in “scolding” him for making me answer over the phone when I was over-fatigued. The voice over the other end sounded very familiar but my energy level (then) did not allow me to get over my weariness for anything rather than a peaceful stretch. I was puzzled when the sweet voice asked me to recognize her. I thought to hire someone’s services for I could not strain my nerve even more than one nano second. “Jana” (the special tone unique to my dearest friend) this is Nithya here. She spoke her mind with zest and zeal garnishing the inner soul which I missed for the past “six” (long) years. “Is it my Nithya”? Is it the “other I” with whom I had enjoyed my school days with great coziness? My mind rejuvenated itself when there was a positive answer. What else did I ask from the Supreme creator? What else could be the fruit of my sincere prayers? What else could establish the net of enthusiasm in me for what I had gone through without her? What else could bridge the gap apart from my own soul getting aligned with its “twin” soul? The chat lasted for about two hours and I could feel the peacefulness in my sleep that night. She is a boon for my life. She is a gift from the Almighty himself. Yes. A surprising shock that could not be digested and believed until I met my twin eyes the very next day.

We decided to meet the very next day. She promised to step into my compact home on 23/02/2008 (Saturday) and kept to her words which she is known for right from our childhood days. My heart beat increased exponentially when I walked through the crowded road of ours to bring her home from the bus stop. Everything went topsy-turvy; or did I feel that way? I kept myself questioning. Alas, for no question did I find a solution that could be approved logically. Also felt that my umbrella got halved its size as I held it to beat the scorching sun. As I reached the stop, she sped past many to cuddle me in a motherly approach. Her fondle erased my presence in this materialistic world. I sensed our divine relationship and thanked whom ever I could (mentally). We took turns to hold the umbrella till my home (though our walk lasted less than a quarter of a Km). She made me happy, for our compact home left lasting impressions within her. We re-collected our school day togetherness, blues, picnics, class-room fun, round table chit-chats, lunch sharing sessions, and finally ended up in discussing about our other friends and their present positions. It was a fun-filled day that we both will treasure, though my only sadness was my mom and dad were not there to share our happiness. I felt lucky when my dad turned up early that day from college. He could spend a few minutes with my friend as it was getting late for her to get back to her place. We tasted my dad’s touch in the “flavored tea” that he offered us (we were so busy in chatting that we totally forgot the dusk was on its way to bid the day an adieu).

My parents conversed with hers in the night and her mother finally succeeded in getting presence approved in their home the very next day. The bright sun hit my screens and I dressed my best to meet my darling and her parents. I skipped the route and made them wait for about an hour for lunch. I was welcomed by the gigantic, well shampooed, handsome, shiny “Candy”!! Yes, none other than my Nithya’s cute most doggy!! I tasted auntie’s hand work after so many years and relished the lunch with the mouth watery “corn-flakes payasam”. We spent the afternoon by flicking the pages of the photo albums. Moments were splashed with eagerness and prayers when we all sat to watch the hot-match show casing the potent talents of <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Australia</st1:place></st1:country-region>. Discussions about our career and future life filled the minutes with excitement and threw little opposition from either ends. The evening was rejoiced with nature’s beauty epitomizing its peak from their terrace-view of the colony as a whole. That dusk was our un-welcomed guest. We signed off and called it a day with “our cup of tea” (hot with lingering memories). :-D

NB: My heart felt thanks I extend to Malspie ma'am who brought to lime light her experience on "age and friendship".

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/19416-has-age-got-anything-do.html

The very first thing that I showed to Nithya was your thread and my feedback ma'am. Thank you very much for your prayers and supportBow.

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Ramya my dear
    So very well written..BowJust like you.. a treat to read and a pleasure to behold.. keep going my friend and have a great time with Nithya..

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Well-written Ramya!
    It is time to celebrate....

Me too looking for my friends....hope everything will fall into place, one day, maybe I even might write like this..

sriniketan

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

My dear Ramyam,

What to say about your writing? I am totally blank. The content is simple but the way you have penned it is astonishing. I am running short of adjectives to describe your 'cup of tea', do write more & share the drink with us.

Well, meeting a good friend after a long time is really an exhilarating & exciting moment. I too have undergone such experience & cherished it many times but I have not ventured out to write a wonderful piece like this.

Thanks for sharing it & Keep writing!

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya,
    WOW! You directly took me to your place through your writing.
    Very happy to know that you got your childhood friend Nithya back. I can feel how happy and exciting that would have been for you, and also for Nithya.
    Your writing reminded me of my school friends and college friends. I am in touch with some friends but not all. Hope I can find others one day.
    You know what, I saw my close friend Usha shopping in T.Nagar, but unfortunately I could not talk to her coz I was on the bus. Hope I will meet her soon.
    Anyways, enjoyed reading this post.

best,
    Sindhu

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Janani

So well written visual. nice that you could meet the other half of you....wishing you many more meetings...and enjoy a lot before getting deep into work culture...

7. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Ramya, wow, what a day it must 've been for you to have met your dear friend!

After reading your reply to Malspie's friendship thread I can imagine what Nithya means to you.

Great going. Lucky stars are shining on you so ask for all other wishes you want to be fulfilled! :)

SS

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Very well written... Nice to hear that you met your "Other I" and able to spend time with her... It is nice to meet close freinds after long time and spend some happy moments... All the Best...

Veda

9. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya,

well written!!!

I can imagine how happy u would have felt when u met ur friend............

all the best .........

prabha

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,
    WOW! You should have had a great meeting with your friend.Made me nostalgic to visit mine too...