1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

My crazy week: a story of kindness

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by tashidelek2002, Apr 16, 2010.

1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Tina,
    Congratulations on the event..... And many congrats to be surrounded by such helpful, graceful people. You never know where the act of kindness come from at times.. Such events truely bring out how blessed we are...

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Am very happy for you, tashi.. Very inspiring story indeed.

Congratulations :) and Pay it Forward whenever you get an opportunity :thumbsup

3. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Truly inspiring !!

We did a similar thing last year at work. One person from another Dept (we haven't had any contact till that point) had his cancer relapse.Everyone was sending cards and flowers. We(me+my best buddy) took it a step further.. We donated our 1 year leave(max allowable) to that person so that she can stay at home till he feels ok. We risked our jobs for him so that he need not worry about feeding his family etc. In our Dept it's cut-throat competition at that point of the year.You snooze you loose....Unfortunately my friend was laid off this year and we beileve patly because of her unpaid leaves last year but we have no regrets...we can always find another job some place or just head back home...That person with cancer is in a worse situation than us.