my crazy pregnancy harmones

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by beautifullife30, Aug 24, 2012.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

:hiya all to those who are expecting along with me......guess its pretty much the same for all of us (mostly though ;-)). This is my second pregnancy, the first was a cute sweet reincarnation of dad - a baby boy who is now 15 months old (yeah you guessed it right......i am literally flying around the house behind him in this condition :drowning)

Am now in my seventh month and i am seriously suffering from crazy harmonal changes. most of times i am like :rant.... oh....and even a small little thing sets me off.

I have now strictly told me family that no matter whatever i speak in a moment of irrational anger, or an irrational demans made by me should not be held against me until my second little one is out .....hehe.....:biglaugh:crazy ... ofcouse right now i am getting away with a lot of things and i know i am testing their patience to the hilt by some of my antics but jsut cant seem to control my anger or my emotions.

This is quite new to me since in my earlier pregnancy i never had this problem. so any of guys on the same boat as me???????

one thing i am doing to calm myself is to listen to songs, read books, read jokes....ofcouse use my DH as punching bag at times .. :biggrin2: .. but the most effective one is ofcouse holding my LO in my arms and hugging him tight :)......but still just checking if there are any more means and measures to tackle this.

2. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

Try meditating. If you don't know the way. Sit in a place in a relaxed position and close your eyes and think of any of your favorite god and utter his name in your mind. This will relax you and calm you. I too had the same problems during my pregnancy and this was advised to me and it was a great relief.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I remember somewhere hearing that the hormones during pregancy (the level) is like taking something like 40 or 60 birth control pills a day. And you wonder why you are emotional???? And remember, the hormone drop after delivery is also the drop from this level also not a piece of cake.

You care just going to have to ride it out and try to get more rest if possible. The only rule of pregnancy is every one is different.

4. lakshmisathish

lakshmisathish Bronze IL'ite

It all happens.
    enjoy....
    u r soo good, positive going... accepting ur fault...
    hope u love everyone.... hope everyone do love u...
    take care... it all happens in life...
    ppl r bearing with u, n why bother...
    be positive, keep it up

5. ashimasd

ashimasd Silver IL'ite

am not in the same boat as you as I am not married yet and dont have the license to be in that boat!!:hide::rotfl

but i can tell you a similar experience we had with our college lecturer. In our s6 she was all this sweet teacher and in s7 she got pregnant was in her last trimester and she was :rant all the time. We turn,we drink water,everything was :rant. But the sad part was that this was only for girls.:spin With guys she was always chit chatting happily.:bowdown

6. PriKir

PriKir Bronze IL'ite

mood swings are very common during preg and little after dlvy too!! I used to do the same for my 1st preg... thankgod my DH used to understand me alot.... and makes fun of me even now :)
    The best medicine to control this, is music. I just prepared a good list of songs cini, carnatic and devotional. That def helped. I used to sing along with that .... dance(!!!) for the music...automatically cools down the mind..also, try to take rest in b/w your work. Cauz tired body will make the mind restless.
    Takecare. Enjoyyy....