My city My pride---Share tourist attractions of your city.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by manjubashini, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sjmaj

Sjmaj Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am from Ahmedabad. Tourist sites in Ahmedabad are:

1) Mahatma Gandhi Ashram
    2) Adalaj Step well
    3) Kankaria lake
    4) Akshardham temple
    5) Sidi Saiyed's Mosque
    6) Hathee Singh Jain Temple
    7) Jama Masjid
    8) Sabarmati Riverfront
    9) Shaking Minarets
    10) Dada Hari Ni Vav
    11) Teen Darwaja (Old Ahmedabad)
    12) Iskon temple

1 person likes this.
  2. janethoo

janethoo Silver IL'ite

welcome to Shanghai, China.
    After years of stagnation, the great metropolis of Shanghai is undergoing one of the fastest economic expansions the world has ever seen. The skyline is filling with skyscrapers; there are three thousand now, more than New York, and another two thousand are coming soon. Gleaming shopping malls, luxurious hotels and prestigious arts centres are rising alongside. Shanghai's 21 million residents enjoy the highest incomes on the mainland, and there's plenty for them to splash out on; witness the rash of celebrity restaurants and designer flagship stores. In short, it's a city with a swagger, bursting with nouveau riche exuberance and élan.
    Shanghai is one of the few Chinese cities that rewards aimless wandering, but it does not, however, brim with obvious tourist attractions. Most of the sights lie to the west of the Huangpu River and its colonial waterfront, the Bund, the commercial hub of late-nineteenth-century European imperialism in mainland China. But the city's major landmark is on the east side, in Pudong – the rocket-like Oriental Pearl TV Tower, so high its antenna is often shrouded in mist. The best way to check out both banks of the Huangpu River and their sights is to take a splendid Huangpu River tour.
    Nanjing Lu, reputedly the busiest shopping street in China, runs through the heart of downtown Shanghai towards Renmin Square, which today houses the excellent ShanghaiMuseum as well as a couple of decent art galleries. The other main sights lie about 1500m south of Nanjing Lu in the Old City, the longest continuously inhabited part of Shanghai, with the Yu Yuan – a fully restored classical Chinese garden – and bazaars at its heart. To the southwest of here lies the marvellous former French Concession, with its cosmopolitan cooking traditions, European-style housing and revolutionary relics. The energetic eating and nightlife centre of Shanghai, Huaihai Lu, serves as the area's main artery.

3. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Re: My city My pride.

Malini Thanks for hopping in & sharing your views about Chennai and Pondichery.

4. mini1

mini1 Bronze IL'ite

Another city I have lived in and loved is Singapore!
    Close to home and a large Indian community but it is also a window to the rest of the world. There are residents from many other Asian countries like china, Malaysia , Korea, Japan and Thailand. This island city accommodates guests who easily blend into mixed culture. They celebrate Chinese new year, deepavali as well as eid with equal enthusiasm.

The weather is same throughout the year. Hot , humid and unexpected rains!
    Places to visit
    1) jurong bird park
    2) gardens by the bay
    3) night safari
    4) zoo
    5) botanic garden
    6)marina bay sands
    7)little India and mustafa shopping centre ;)
    8) Singapore flyer
    9) sentosa and universal studios

Very nice place to go with kids on a holiday! In fact all age groups will enjoy a Singaporean holiday!

1 person likes this.
  5. manjubashini

Re: My city My pride.

Thanks mini for sharing about Singapore as well.

6. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manjusai,
    A very good thread to know about many places through our ILites.
    My list is quite long as I keep on moving at regular intervals.
    My cities/towns are Singara Chennai, the Garden City Bengaluru, the Capital of Gods own country Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruchchirapalli, my native Mannargudi near Thanjavur and at present Raipur capital of Chhattisgarh.

Bangalore is now rechristened Bengaluru is one of my favorite city where I lived more than 10 years.
    It is the capital of Karnataka state of India. The city has grown enormously after IT and ITES industrial growth.
    India's prestigious public sector industries like BEL, HAL, BEML and defence establishments are located.
    It is also called Silicon valley of India
    Some of the places to visit:
    1. Lal Bagh - botanical garden and its glass house. Flower shows at Lal Bagh for a week during Independence day and Republic day

2. Cubbon Park and toy train ride.

3. Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum near Cubbon park.

4. Planetorium

5. Safari ride at Bannerghatta National park, Zoo and a Butterfly park.

6. Hyder Ali Summer palace

7. Shopping at Brigade road and malls nearby.

8. Shopping at Avenue road and KR Market.

9. Bull temple
    and many temples in bangalore city.

Nandhi Hills a scenic hill station around 60km from Bangalore and an oldest temple at the foothill.

These are the important ones.

I will post important tourist attractions of other cities one by one.

2 people like this.
  7. manjubashini

Thanks for your contribution in this thread Chitra...Happy to know you too belong to TN. Nice informations about Bangalore. I would be happy to hear from you more about other places as well.

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitra29

Chitra29 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My current residence is in Delhi, but not the one in India, the one in New York State. Delhi, NY is what would be called in India a hill station, nestled in the Cat..skill Mountains in the Souther Tier of NYS. Traditionally a dairy farming area (the first pasteurization plant in the USA is near here), we now are an area for second homes for well to do people from NYC (60% of the village). We have a state university college in the village (which is why we have daily bus service to NYC) and two other colleges in the next town so higher education is one of the main industries. This area of NYS is environmentally protected as we supply a lot of the water for NYC and so our air and water is some of the cleanest in the whole country. Our pure water (which is abundant) does not even need cleaning and producing the #1 ranked municipal water in the USA. We have abundant wildlife and birds and you see them every day whilst driving. In the summer we have an interesting arts and music calendar with venues in interesting places like converted barns and churches. Being the county seat, our governmental services are all located here within a mile walk from anywhere in the village so every thing is fast and congenial. Our phone company is privately owned by a family who has owned it for over a hundred years and they upgraded everything a few years ago so we all have 13Mb internet as a basic service (50Mb optional) (just so all you techies know). Traffic is minimal. If you like small town country life, you would love Delhi.

1 person likes this.
  10. manjubashini

Tashi, Great to know about Delhi in Us. While reading itself i fell in love with your small town. What else we need more than clean water, air and unpolluted environment.

Thanks for hopping in dear.