1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My child doesnot like to eat anything

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by fanimo, May 23, 2012.

1. fanimo

fanimo New IL'ite

Hi,

My son is 19 month old now, since begininng he was very choosy and fussy in eating as he never liked any food but somehow i used to make him eat by pureeing or grinding food but since last month he does not want to eat anything, nor he drinks . Only thing he likes is half boiled egg and piece of cheese. I tried many things but he is unable to chew too and his taste buds do not accept anything.
    My pediatrician says not to force him, he is losing his weight and having hard poops problem as lack of liquids.
    I am very worried , please suggest me what should i give him to eat that he likes and how to make him eat?

Either he refuses the food or liquid badly in any form or else he just keeps in his mouth and throws it out.

Regards,

worried mother

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012

2. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Hmmm.......have you de-wormed him?
    Do ask your doctor for deworming medicines.

3. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

fanimo,

I can understand your problem since i had to face same problem. Moreover, my DS was getting sick with diarrhea very often and losing weight. He even used to refuse milk, but now he eats everything (touchwood).

He is having hard stools so he refuses to eat...first treat that... give him water, nimbu-paani, buttermilk, milk shakes, fruit juices.....make him taste little bit with your finger and then slowly increase.
    Start semi solid foods since he does not chew. Also try making different colorful foods for him....try giving him fruits....show him tasty food and fruits in the TV or magazines or newspapers (this idea may sound silly but it worked for me).
    Try to recognize his taste, whether he likes sour, sweet, or spicy and give him accordingly.

1 person likes this.
  4. fanimo

fanimo New IL'ite

thank you friends for your valuable suggestions, i have already given him medicine to be dewormed.

rest i am trying my best to find new ways that make my baby eat...if any of you have recipes plz share... keping in mind that he can only have semi solids that also sometimes....

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  6. fanimo

fanimo New IL'ite

thank you vjbunny :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012