1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Changing Views About Foreign Migration

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Feb 7, 2021.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I have always believed in “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” meaning the world is a big family! No matter where we settle- a happy, peaceful, and fulfilling life is the ultimate goal! For some it is in homeland and for some it is in far away land that they called home!

Sandhya13, shravs3, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  2. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@SGBV it is an interesting thread summarizing your changing views on migration over time. Finally you realized what works the best for you. I see that people tend to have a romanticized view of the place of living. For some, it is the west which is heaven on earth and for some others it is their motherland. In reality, I believe each person should find out what really works the best for them. Everyone in this world needs money - a good amount of money to lead a comfortable life. If there is not enough money especially after having a family, then life can be very difficult no matter where the person lives. My personal take on this is what our great Tamil literature says "Thirai kadal odiyum thiraviyam thedu" which roughly means seek your fortune by all means even if you have to cross oceans for that. On the other hand, it will be very hard to stay away from spouse and kids just to earn money overseas. If we have the right spouse and all can be together all the time especially when kids are little, then the memories that we build with them is what makes our heart warm. Happiness is a state of mind and is what comes from within. We all should make important life decisions based on what is best for us and for the future for our children and it should not just be based on a romanticized view of the place of living. If one has good health, a reasonable wealth, and is surrounded by the right people - spouse, kids, family, friends then life is heaven no matter where the person lives. Life is short but world is wide. Sometimes we may have to move out of our birthplace to chase our dreams and fly higher, but our birthplace will always be closer to heart. I'd be proud if my kids go out and chase their dreams and achieve the best of their abilities. Their place of living will be immaterial as long as they are happy as they say world is a global village.

shravs3 and Viswamitra like this.