1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Canadian Experience - A True Life Story - Final Episodes

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vvanand, Feb 21, 2013.

1. vvanand

vvanand Senior IL'ite

Episode 23 – January 2012

My contract was extended into the New Year for three months until March 2012. I was informed as a special case management had agreed to extend my contract due to my exceptional work performance.

My hard work and perseverance has paid off once again. I was hopeful that within the three month period I will be able to look for another job. I didn’t want to keep sulking. I took a break during the last week of December and visited my sister’s new born baby girl and my parents (who were visiting my sister) at Washington D.C.

My husband couldn’t visit as he didn’t possess a tourist visa to U.S. He just stayed in Toronto letting me enjoy my vacation.

Episode 24 – Until March 2012

I was energized after my much needed break. I went on to work vigorously as before without worrying about what was in store for me beyond March. My work was slowly getting noticed by others in the department and by the management. As a result, my contract was extended for another three months.

Meanwhile I applied for lot of other positions within the company and my manager provided good references for me. She even sent emails to other managers mentioning my good work and attitude.:)

Episode 25 – THE GRAND FINALE'

Yet another extension was coming to an end in June. I was stressed but was hopeful there will be some way out for us. Work was overflowing in my team and less human resources to do it. My manager posted a position in our team. I was aware of it and I applied. Being the most deserving candidate, I was interviewed and accepted for the fulltime position.

Offer Letter was provided and my joining date was July 3, 2012.

Finally after two years of struggle, I landed myself into a fulltime position.:thumbsup

I know pretty well life will not be easy and smooth always. My struggles in settling down and achieving my goals in Canada have been a great learning experience for me.

Hope my write up provides you all some motivation and learning !!!

Cheers !:cheers

5 people like this.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Nice post. inspirational for all who are struggling with their career.

2 people like this.
  3. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

I was waiting for the ending and I am really happy to see a HAPPY ending. All the best to you and your family in Canada....

Take care
    CV

1 person likes this.
  4. luckyladi

luckyladi Junior IL'ite

I am happy for you....

5. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Happy for you !

wish you all the best.

1 person likes this.
  6. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Its really inspirational and happy for you that you have got a full time job now.

7. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

very inspirational...happy for you

8. vvanand

vvanand Senior IL'ite

Thanks everyone. I have begun yet another journey now, I will write about it if I atleast reach a small milestone...

9. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Waiting to hear from you, May Baba bless you in abundance always.. and take care of your family, great support from Dh, DD and of course In Laws too

Sairam

10. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

You are great VV...
    U inspired me a lottttt.
    Hope u may lead a happily life from now on,All the best for your future dearfriendssmiley