1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My business is no longer mine anymore!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by diva, May 30, 2008.

1. diva

diva New IL'ite

Aargh!

How many times have we mommies been criticized publically for our parenting styles?

What? Still not potty trained? My baby started going on the potty when she was 2 weeks old (Okay, I am exaggerating, but this is a vent!)

What? Still sleeping in mommy's bed? My darling slept all alone from Day 1. (Exaggerated Diva version: My darling slept away from me even in-utero)

As a continuation of my post from yesterday, the world now decides if Katie Holmes is a bad mommy for letting Suri still drink from a bottle. Read about it here.

Come on people: Look at the mop topped duo. Seriously, is this all you can think when you see that picture? All I could see were the embodiments of cuteness.

When someone does that to me, I want to yell: This is my business people, but as my title says - My business isn't even mine anymore!

I wish I could come up with smart retorts every time this happened to me.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Diva,
    Celebrities may not be having time due to constant travelling or busy schedule to wean out their babies frrom feeding bottle and give potty training to them. But what about the home makers? I have seen babies with pacifier in their mouths even after two years and two year old babies bundled with the pop up in disposable nappies for hours at a stretch. Is it hygenic? Public figures are criticised publicly and ordinary people are criticised by thier relatives and even friends.
    Love,
    PS

3. diva

diva New IL'ite

PS - precisely my sentiments. Mommies are always criticized world around, be they celebrities or civilians like me! I guess it is all part of the package.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Diva,

Very welll said. I do fall under the catgory of criticized.:cry:bonk