1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My browses reg parenting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by JGVR, Mar 18, 2011.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

As an aspiring mom,i spend quite sometime on a daily basis to browse through topics related to parenting,thanks to the hashtag feature in twitter which groups all parenting related articles and makes it easy for me to browse.

So here i'm listing out all those gems of information that i gathered.Hope this will be useful for a few other moms as well.

1. "Practice before your preach" - this saying is a perfect example for bringing up your child.If you expect your child to show respect to others,to be honest, to have discipline etc., then it is best shown through actions of parents than words because for every child their parents, most particularly their mom is their first role model.

2. A child's learning starts right from its infancy. The best and most effective way to teach a child is through talking with the child. The more a mom talks to a child, the more quicker the child develops language skills. The best way to do this is through story telling.Start your bed time stories right from infant stage.

3. Making a toddler to watch tv for hours together or make him watch educational CD's are said to delay his language development skills.Any child less than 2 years should watch less than 30 minutes of tv daily and while watching educational cd's mom should be present to correlate the things shown on screen like cup,box etc., with that of real world objects.

4. Allow the child to crawl or walk freely once they start those activities and do not restrict them from doing so as it develops their motor skills.

Im sure most of the above mentioned information are not new. Also if you have more information please share the same so that the numerous moms who browse through IL can benefit from them.

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That is a very good beginning to rearing a child JGVR. Nice to read and waiting for further information. Thanks. -rgs

3. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing JGVR. And I'm a victim of the point number and 4. I used to speak a lot to my DS. Until 1 and half he never speaks much. After that everyone wondered of his speaking skills. They listen very sharply. And now my DS is 3+ and he perfectly uses words apt to the situation.

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

WELL SAID. NICE ARTICLE TO BE READ. OUT TALK
    OUR WAY OF EXPRESSING THINGS SURELY WILL
    HELP THE CHILD TO COME UP SUCCESSFULLY IN
    THEIR LIFE.

KEEP IT UP JGVR

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all your comments.