1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My brother is seperated from his wife, I am depressed

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by skalluri, May 18, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

I am going to follow you too

2. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Everything happens for a reason, and everything happens for the good.

A long-time friend and neighbor went through a similar situation a few years ago, but it was a lot worse for her because the woman and her family threatened to file a false 498A against all of them if they did not do X, Y and Z. Some of the most outrageous demands included the SNIL moving in with the in-laws, quitting his job and joining his FIL's business, cutting off all contact with his parents and sisters (he is an only son), etc. It was getting worse, actually, because he did quit his job and looked after his FIL's business for a few weeks, only to realize what a HUGE mistake it was.

His FIL's idea of having the SNIL 'watch the shop' was to use the SNIL as his and his wife's personal errand boy and driver!!!! The SNIL quickly found another job, and began putting his foot down, which is when the problems started.

Suddenly one day, out of the blue, the woman and her parents started threatening to file a 498A against him, his parents, his sisters, their husbands etc unless he complied with all of their demands and then some. I cannot even begin to tell you the mental state of my neighbor's family.... IT was like they couldn't get rid of that woman too soon. She was like a monkey on their backs.

The story has a happy ending - the brother is now remarried to a wonderful woman (a widow with a child) and is leading a peaceful life with his wife and child. His parents are always welcomed at their home and my neighbor considers her SIL to be as another sister to her. The child is very sweet and is always over at the grandparents' house. They love him to death and couldn't have been more attached to him even if he had been their biological grandchild / nephew.

But, they would not have had this happy ending had it not been for that trauma they had go through to get to the happy here-and-now. In hindsight, they are glad that they supported their son / brother in his decision to divorce his first wife - if they hadn't, then today, their situation (and especially the brother's / son's) would have been so different (and so much worse).

So, remember this. Everything happens for a reason, and everything happens for the good. There is light at the end of this tunnel. Hang in there, sweetie.

This too will pass.