1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Brother and I...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jj,

a BIG thank u for reopening this old thread of mine because it gave me great pleasure to read it again...lol
    and thanks for the compliments too...:hide:
    this post is very special to me jj because of the relationship and that it won me the fp for that month for a very effortless writing...i just sat and poured out my thoughts after speaking with my friend...hahaha

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jai,

thanks a lot for liking this post...it is very special to me for more than one reason...lol

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Mins,
    So beautifully written, could well imagine a cute brother of yours holding on to you. Emotions are well portrayed.

In the closing each of you taking you own path and yet feeling inside the love and carrying tasks that the new life has given. romba nanaeruku!

Oru pasamalar with happy ending.
    Jaya

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear revathi,

thank u so much for this heartfelt fb.
    yes dear, we can all relate to it as we leave our siblings and settle down in different parts of the world..
    how sweet of your brother to act so responsible and save money for your wedding..now that really brought tears in MY eyes...
    hope u both continue to have the same relationship,revathi...

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi lavanya,

i was laughing to read that u checked out the scar from your childhood...looks like u too had a great relationship...how sweet of him to follow u to your inlaws place..
    hope your dreams of him settling down near you are materialised soon..i can understand how much u must be missing him.
    thanks lavanya for stepping in with your experiences...

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear radhika,

thank u so much for stepping in...

yes, do not worry at all..enjoy and record these fights if possible:)

soon they will grow up ,one will go to the hostel and the other will start missing ..thats life i suppose ..
    thank u so much for the wishes and blessings,dear radhika

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear jay,
    hey, glad that u could read this,....and know this part of me ,.

could well imagine a cute brother of yours holding on to you.

yes i will show u a picture of exactly that..

Oru pasamalar with happy ending.

hahaha i liked that...

8. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindian,
    Such lovely feelings. This post of yours brings back memories to almost all of us. My brother, though 15 years younger to me, is always at the back of us two sisters mind.
    But here i would like to share the relationship between my 6yr old son and 18 months old daughter. Don't know where he got this idea from but very innocently my son announced one day ," Mummy we will marry Advika (my daughter) in the same building where I will stay. I will not be able to live without her". I found it too cute!!!

A BIG THANKS MINDIAN FOR BRINGING GOOD MEMORIES TO ALL OF US.

Regards,
    Payal

9. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Just got to read this thread and your post. It reminds me of the good old days when me and my brother used to fight. My mom would support him saying that "Nee daan avana vambukku izhukkara" which means you only are pulling him for this fight. My dad will get hold of him if he slams me. He used to always follow me whenever I go play with my friends. All my friends (girls) teased me for that and I had cried to my mom about it. He used to kick me, hit me but I will bear all those and cry aloud when my dad enters home. Now years later, I'm married settled in this country, he's in India, we see each other in chat/orkut or once a year during our India visit. A while back he had cried to my mom telling those incidents when he used to bang me on the wall and I had no physical strength to resist him but only to cry. He felt emotional about it and that he shouldn't have done like that. Hearing it from my mother, I too felt very emotional and cried a lot on that day thinking about our childhood days. That said, he has the same or even more affection for my daughter and always talk about her to my parents and his friends.

This reminds me his b'day is this sunday, need to call him. Happy b'day bro!!!

-Uma

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear payal,

a big hi from me as i have not seen u before..:)

how sweet of your son to feel so protective.....and .what lovely sentiments.....u know payal the elder one always feels responsible for the younger one and the feeling of "i should take care" comes quite automatically..:).

thank u so much for stepping in and relating to my post...