1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Brother and I...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks lakshmi for stepping in..glad u share the same relationship with your brothers..regards
    Mindi

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mindi
    No wonder you have won the finiest post of August month. You have captured all the love between a brother and a sister so beautifully.
    It was great pleasure reading this post about you and your brother.
    Yes as we get married we all move away to our destination it is only through mails and phones we can talk to them now.
    Congrats once again to be the winner of this month.

3. Noorie

Noorie New IL'ite

Hello

Good post and very touching. Just reminded my growing years with my brother.

Take Care

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey aruna,
    so sorry yaar..today only saw your fb to this old post of mine...thank u so much...glad u liked it...
    love
    Mindi

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi noorie,
    so sorry for acknowledging your fb so late...thank u so much...
    love
    Mindi

6. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

dear mindy ,
    well a good sister deserves a good brother ..that in short is ur story lol!
    u both are lucky to have each other .I enjoyed reading your escapades and memories :)
    love
    jaijui

7. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi mindi
    Sorry I missed it intially. A beautiful description of brother sister relationship.Enjoyed reading it.

8. revathis

revathis Senior IL'ite

Dear Mindian,

I too am a bit late, if not for today fb from jaishree i would have missed this wonderful snippet abt brother & sister. Your snippet brought tears in my eyes.

The relationship with my brother too had all of yours love, friendship, fightings in b/w. The gap b/w us is 4 yrs. We argue still, as both of us are hot-headed persons:). But always reconcile very fast. I proudly tell it out to all my friends that i am proud to be his sister bcoz he saved every penny from his first assignment abroad for my wedding function. I lost my father when i was in my graduation.

Revathi

9. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

wow nice post. same pinch i too have a younger brother almost like yours. your post made me look at the scar on my hand(he bite me when we were small). I saw him cry(emotionally) only 2 times. 1) while watching "Maathru Devo Bhava" telugu movie 2) after my marriage when i am going to MIL's house with DH.
    my brother packed his stuff and came to MIL's place the next day after my marriage. older granma joked on him that "our boy married only your sister not you". in return my brother said " i will marry you and stay here then". All older people loved my brother than there own grand children. he bugged me a lot while at MIL's. when i sit and playing games with kids he used to come and sit beside me and bug me like " get up maharani. go and help ur Attha. she is alone struggling in kitchen.it wont look good" I never entered into kitchen when at mom's place except to eat. Thank god my MIL is very nice person, she would not let me do anything. he bugged me to get up early and bathe. But he made my stay fun at MIL's place.
    even after 2 years when we went to India on vacation. he came to MIL's place with me. but now he is in other country doing MS and trying to come to my place next year on work visa. I wish he would come and stay closer to me soon.

10. csailaja

csailaja Senior IL'ite

sorry for missing such nice thread.

I throughly enjoyed sister and brother relationship.both of you are very lucky to have each other.

I have a daughter and son both of them are in fighting phase.hope their
    relationship cherishes like yours.

god bless both of you.

Radhika