1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My bicycle ride

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Raba, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

I dont have much work in home for the past 4 days as my appa and amma has come to chennai. The only work I do is to pack both of our lunch boxes. I am constantly reminded of my school days,whenever I carry lunch prepared by mom. (gone are those wonderful days,when i dont do any work at home!!!!!)

Am I blabbering something irrelevant to the thread's title? Oh Dear ones! Please wait for one more sentence...

This saturday , while amma combing my hair (after all thats also a heavy work :biglaughso let amma do that for me) asked whether he knows my bicycle story.

I dont know whether the intention of her asking this question is to just stop the geetham "padhuma nabha" getting killed by me. :rotfl(you see there was a power failure that day and i could not stop myself singing)

After all my music mam has got so much patience to teach this 'gnana soonyam' (Please help me to translate) till geethams.

My appa, whenever i start singing, will rush to the front gate to drive away the 'panja kalyanis' (a humble referral of donkeys):rotfl

Oh! let me come back to the bicycle story. When I was studying 5th std, I learnt to ride the big bicycle (the gents cycle , the one with rod in between seat and the handlebar)

From the monkey pedalling , i had started to pedal, sitting on the seat that day. In my street there was a long slope. And you see , I felt excited and proud riding a big one. So I was flying like a bird.And there comes the villain. An old lady tried to cross the road. Inspite of me ringing the bell continously, instead of moving on either of the road side, she just stopped in the middle and surrendered her to me, raising her two hands.:drowning

Alas!! Before I could apply brakes in my airbus, the front wheel rode between her legs :bonk and it made her sit on the mudguard. poor lady!!

I was brave enough to pull my cycle back and before she could wink , I absconded from the place.

thank God! nothing happened to that old lady but she went to my home directly to scold my mom(for she brought up a child like me:hide:) It lasted for an hour.:crazy

My mom was searching for me that day for few hours to give me atleast a piece of what she got but I didnot turn up until my dad came:spin

P.S I was asking him to get me a bike. And after hearing this incident, he might have made his decision stronger.:rant

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba

It was interesting to read your bicycle story. Thank God the lady was not hurt. God saved her since you are a sweet person.

love
    viji

3. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Very well written. I too am remembering my first bicycle ride which ended in a nullah on the street.

4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mami,

I am happy to see your first fb. Yes. Yes by God's grace she did not get hurt. Otherwise I could not recall this as a funny one.
    Thanks for coming in mami:)

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Thank you Bhanu :cheers

6. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Raba
    It was funny dear. I have done the same in music my elder sister used to learn fast and as soon we come home from music class she will sing to my mom and get good girl comment but me, I will stop at the gate itself my friends will be waiting to play around the house. So the same evening i will have lot of "archana" from my mom but will be saved by dad. Same will happen in studies she will come first rank me within 10th rank etc. she was the most hated villian in my entire childhood. Even though i use to bribe her giving chocolates or sweets whatever i get all in vain.
    With the help of my friends i practiced cycling that helped me to learn two wheeler at the age of 45.,
    your story reminds me these things.
    kantha

7. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raba,

I came here expecting to laugh loudly and you did not disappoint. I am still grinning as I type this. Fortunately no one at home now...or they would have been scared seeing me like this :crazy.

So you had fun even during initial days with cycling :rotfl. A I read about the old lady in the mudguard of your cycle, I recalled one comedy scene where Vivek on a two wheeler experiences the same with an elder person (Don't know the movie name ).

Now I expect you to narrate a funny incident during your music classes. I am sure there must have been a few :biggrin2:.

Thanx for making me laugh. Bye

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Hey Kantha,

That was nice dear. So you will not bother, even to enter the house after your classes. Ha Ha ha. Thanks for stopping by Kantha:)

9. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Thank you Saras(if you dont mind, shall i call you with that name?:))Yes, I think the film's name is "Joot". Whenever i watch the scene in adhithya channel, it reminds me my bicycle incident. You know after that incident, for few weeks, I used to hide whenever the "paati" passses near by:biglaugh.

10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes, you can address me as Saras. Most of the ILites address me like that :).

I came here now to tell that, shortly after my FB here, I saw that movie scene in one of the channels :rotfl:rotfl.