1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My beloved hubby was kidnpped!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 18, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

This incident had happened in the year 1995. We were staying at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> with our second son. He got married and we wanted to shift to <st1:City><st1:place>Madras</st1:place></st1:City> to our own house at Pallikaranai. As the house was rented out, we wanted to tell the tenant to vacate the house. We stayed with our daughter Malathi at Kilpauk.
    My hubby went to Pallikaranai to collect the rent and also to tell the tenant that we would return back to <st1:City><st1:place>Madras</st1:place></st1:City> and so wanted him to vacate the house. Then he returned to Kilpauk by bus. When he got down from the bus he happened to see Kilpauk Benifit Fund. He casually went there to enquire about their schemes. Then he came out to return home. But as soon as he came out two fellows pushed him into an auto riksha and drove away. They kept him nailed down and he was so scared that he couldn’t shout for help. They took him to an isolated place and told him to get out of the auto. They asked him to give them his bag. Then only he realized that he didn’t have his bag. He told them that they might have taken his bag for he had nothing in his hand. Then they told him that they would not leave him until he gave the bag, They ordered him that he had to sit there until he gave them the bag. My hubby was very much scared and was just looking down and praying to God that He only should save him from the thugs. He was also trying to cover his neck with his shirt collar so that the gold chain that he was wearing was not visible. They left him at the middle of an open space and were talking in undertones and also threatening him. After half an hour or so they felt that there was no use of holding him as they couldn’t find the bag or any thing valuable. They ordered him to get into the auto again and dropped him in an isolated place. He had no idea where he was left, and he kept walking until he reached the main road. There he saw a man and asked him direction to go to T.Nagar. He also narrated him all that had happened and that he had no money to pay the bus fare also. Then the man told him that he was also going to T.Nagar and would buy him the ticket. So he reached T.Nagar with the help of the Good Samaritan. He went to the Bus depot and told the timekeeper that he lost his bag in the bus while going to Kilpauk and wanted to know whether the conductor found his bag. The timekeeper told him that the bus would arrive in a few minutes and he could check with the conductor. The bus arrived, but the conductor told him he didn’t find any bag. Then my hubby told him that he had no money and he had to go to Kilpauk. . The conductor told him that he would take him to Kilpauk in the same bus. So there are people who are willing to help at difficult times without expecting anything in return. So he got into the same bus and got down at the same place. To his surprise, as soon as he got down, the manager of the finance company was waiting for him and handed over his wallet saying that he left the wallet there.
    In the meanwhile the manager examined the wallet to find out if there was any address or phone number to contact. He found a diary and got the phone number of Malathi. So he rang up and told me that one old gentleman had come to his office and left his wallet there. The description he gave was matching with my hubby and I got worried. My hubby didn’t reach home even after one and half hour after I got the message. Hence I was very much worried and my BP surged upward. At last he came home with the bag and narrated all that had happened. Then we checked the wallet to find all things were in tact. The rent money and other things were there, but American currency about 200 dollars that was given by my son in law for my son was missing. We searched all our baggage and suitcase, but couldn’t find it. Then my hubby went back to the finance company to check up. But the manager had gone for lunch and only the peon was there. He told my hubby to come after an hour. Again he went and got back the currency. The manager told him that he kept it under lock as he thought that some other staff might take it. My hubby thanked him profusely and came home. We thanked god for His abundant mercy he showered upon us. My hubby was worried about my health and he requested Dr.Geetha who was residing at the same flat to check up my BP. It was high as expected and she told us to take ECG also. That was also found to be abnormal. Then she told us to cancel our trip to Kumbakonam and take rest at home. We told her that as we were only going by night train I could have enough rest and further if we cancelled our trip Malathi also would be in anxiety. So we left for Kumbakonam. The next morning we went to Lord Oppiliyappan’s temple and had a very good Darshan of Abhishekam to all Deities. We thanked the Lord for His Bountiful Mercy that He had showered upon us.Believe itor not, we had faced lot of situations which we read in fictions! Our life is stranger than fiction and I want to share it with all, so that some people might benefit out of our experience.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
    sindmani and Nonya like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS
    Just before reading the horrifying experience of your husband, I was replying to a post of Sudhavnarasimhan on my thread, 'Feeling like a worm'. I had told her that I too have witnessed acts of The Lord in pursuance of His promise, "Sambavami Yuge yuge"

The acts of the Good Samaritan who helped your hubby get to T.Nagar, the bus conductor and the Manager of the Kilpauk Benefit Fund amply demonstrate His Divine Intervention.

Deivam Manushya Rupena is what we have been taught. Lord will not manifest Himself in the kind of form that we see in pictures of deities but His manifestation through acts of such good people can never be missed!

I am happy that it all ended well
    Sri

sindmani likes this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Pushpa,

really God blessed u and u were really lucky to come out of such critical situation.

bye
    padma

1 person likes this.
  4. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pushpa,
    Your post reveals how God has invisibly showered his blessings on you & ur family...HIs grace is beyond words...let u & ur family be blessed by him always:-D

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Horrified to learn what has happened to your husband. Glad to know that everything ended well.Your family will be blessed by the Almighty in coming years.
    These incidents show us that there are good people whom we recognise through their acts. It is only because of them, the world is spinning.

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  6. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear pushpa,

its shocking to read what happened to ur husband, but GOD has been there with ur family that everything ended well.

cheers
    sreelatha

2 people like this.
  7. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Pushpa

This incident was really scary, but really god wud have been there with ur husband at that time to save him... you guys are really blessed... and most importantly you are sharing this story with others is the greatest thing... as its always said that we should always praise god and help plant faith in others heart too...

you are blessed and you are popularising god's work... you and your family will always be protected like this..

~Abha

8. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear Pushpavalli,

'Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction', so goes a saying.....that's the first thing that came to mind after reading your post.

I can imagine what a lasting impression this incident must have left in your minds. This incident is another reminder, that God is always there, walking by our side & protecting us. During difficult times, god helps us by sending such good samaritans to our aid. God bless them & your family too.

Take care,
    Ragini.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sri,
    God has saved us like this in precarious situations more than once. In the same way he had given us opportunities to help others. We had surrendered ourselves under His lotus feet and have implicit faith in Him. You have aptly described, "Deivam Manushya Rupena." Thank you,
    Regards,
    Pushpavalli

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Padma, Ammu, Sriniketan, Abha, and Ragini,
    Thank you all for wishing us well.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

1 person likes this.