1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My baby girl is 1 month old she is becoming very dark day by day

Discussion in 'Infants' started by chammu, Sep 29, 2009.

1. chammu

chammu New IL'ite

Hello friends,

My little Angel is one month old she is getting darker day by day.Kindly suggest any advise or remedy .

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Babies when they are growing look dry, darker when compared to looks when they were born, it is common, babies when they were unborn, spend 9 months in mothers womb in the amniotic fluid, which makes them look shiney, chubby,brigther, lighter skin, as the days are passing, they loose their original color, look little darker as they get adjusted to outside envorinment. again after 2 or 3 months, they gain the weight along with color by getting adjuted to outside world and mothers milk. it is very common.

Sujatha.

3. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Just wanted to say that a baby's complexion is not an illness or malady that needs a "remedy". Concentrate on raising a happy, healthy child, and try to teach her what's important (and I can't see how skin colour is, unless your paediatrician or dermatologist tells you she has a medical condition).

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Hey as Ansuya suggested, unless the doctor had said something about it, dont worry about it...these are the adjustments the baby makes to this outside world...concentrate on her health now and congratulations to you and your husband on the new born:cheers

5. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dont worry..they keep changing..
    Do avoid olive oil if you are using that for massage.

On a side note my LO used to get dark if i used aveeno products...

suji

6. chammu

chammu New IL'ite

Thanks a lot sujatha and suji.

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Chammu

I have not tried and do not personally believe in this but my aunty claims that using egg white while bathing the baby lightens the colour. (She did that to her grand daughter and I have to accept that the kid looks fairer. My logic is- the kid's actual skin is meant to be fairer genetically. I always have wanted to tell that to my aunt but hushed by my mom (for being rude) so forced to agree with her.Hahaha!)

You may want to try that!

8. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

Chammu, My mil used to say that the kid's skin color will finally be the one his/her ears are. I used to feel the same as my DS was born so fair and now he has become a light brown color. So dont mind about the color as long as your dot is happy and healthy. I use coconut oil for his oil massage which is very good in keeping the skin soft and supple.

9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Like everyone said,whatever the skin colour is supposed to be genetically,that is what it will end up finally.

Suji,no offense to you,but I have used olive oil for both my sons and they are on the fairer side.To me,whether olive or coconut,I have not seen any adverse reaction.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

chammu, i dolnt think any baby product or a particular oil will affect the skin color...the melanin in a newborn is low, and hence the color, as they grow they will inherit the color genetically. dont worry... as long as your baby has healthy skin and is glowing, everything should be fine. since she is just 1 month obviously she isnt exposed to UV for too long.. so that again i ruled out.
    only if you find her skin "patchy or unusual" u might want to contact her paed...