1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My baby girl about to be 6 months old in a week is not taking milk/give me food sched

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Shruthi2403, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Shruthi2403

Shruthi2403 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I happened to come along this site luckily when i am in need. I will give a brief description about my case. I am a mother of 5.5 month old girl baby. Unfortunately I had to feed her with formula only as my physical condition as per medics advice did not cooperate for BF. Now my baby is not consuming milk as she was consuming before, I am not able to understand what her problem is. As she is sleeping well, playing well and very active. I consulted her doctor and he says she is teething.Now how much food does she require in a day and please give me a schedule to follow for her feeding for this current month and for 6 month onwards.How can I improve her feeding habit.I am not a working woman so I can take care of my baby exclusively.Please help, it is urgent......

Awaiting your early response,

Friends help me.

2. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Re: My baby girl about to be 6 months old in a week is not taking milk/give me food s

Shruthi,

I am a mother 2 kids. (5yr and 2yr old) . This quite natural in babies under 1 yr old...It happened to me with my both kids. I guess they get bored and require a change of food...i believe 24 oz of milk will be good for this change. If you havent started baby food yet, please do start and give her single grain cereal...if this think your baby is not consuming enough milk through bottle you can as well mix with the cereal and give her. When my kids totally stopped drinking at one point , I tried to feed them when they are napping /sleeping...

Let me know if you still have concerns...

Thanks
    Shanti

3. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Re: My baby girl about to be 6 months old in a week is not taking milk/give me food s

Shruthi,

Another point to note...DONT GIVE UP ON FEEDING MILK!!! Keep trying your best they will eventually come back to normal...

Thanks
    Shanti

4. Shruthi2403

Shruthi2403 New IL'ite

Thanks yaar,
    I will surely try out and get back with results.

Thanks Again Friends.

5. magicworld

magicworld Bronze IL'ite

shruthi,
    I m also in a similar state. my LO is 6 months . I couldnt feed him for 4-5 days as we were travelling and after which he is not feeding at all. his doctor says it may be very difficult to make him drink as my milk supply also has reduced.
    I m giving him formula and other solids... but, feel so bad knowing the importance of BF.