1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

My Aunt's pathetic plight....any good doc's??

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by imemyself, Nov 30, 2007.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    My aunt who lives in Kerala is not in her proper mental state for some years now!
    She is my mom's elder sister and the very pretty one in the family and she was such a smart lady.She is so pampered by her hubby and they spent most of their life in North India and only after my Uncle's retirement they returned to Kerala.My Uncle has 3 brothers and their better half's envied my Aunt so much because of the compliment she recieves for her good nature and character.They used to even envy the love and affection and care my Unlce showers on her.We always see hubby waiting to pull the spouse's leg whenever possible but he always praised her and pampered her.
    She has 5 children and all are married and settled in North.Only the youngest son and wife are in Kerala with my Aunt and Uncle.
    It all started when my Aunt's 3'rd son got married.It was a love marriage and his wife was elder to him by 2 yrs and my Aunt being a very conservative lady cldnt accept it.But the DIL is a very sweet and loving lady.But my Aunt cldnt digest it and she was very upset.But we don't know if this is the exact reason that affected her stable mind.That was also the menopause time for her.She slowly started deviating from her daily tasks and by the time the youngest son got married she totally got lost.But she has no memory loss and when she sees me and my mom she is happy and atleast gets a little normal and we don't understand y in our presence she gets such a change.One reason is we care for her so much and she knows that.
    Now its been almost 17 yrs since she has become unstable and she is 69 yrs old now.
    Initial symptoms were like she lost her sleep and she used to talk all night.They took her to a psychiatrist and he prescribed some medicines and when she takes them she is ok but after 2 weeks the same process starts.
    Then she got this suicidal tendency and we brought her to Chennai and treated her and she was given tablets and she became very quite and she said she wanted to go back to Kerala.
    Then again she lost herself and sometimes her spirits are very high and then very low and now she has reached the stage wherein she can't even take bath on her own!! It is painful to see her like that.
    My uncle on the other hand has lost all his patience and he scolds her so badly.It's so pathetic to see a change in him like this.But he too is upset abt all these things happening in their life.
    Her children are not very loving to her.They have settled in their lives and no one comes to see her also.They come mayb once in a yr.
    The youngest son is in Dubai and his wife is the one taking care of them.And I shld say that even if I was in her position I wldnt have shown the patience she is showing towards them.
    She does lose her temper because she has 2 kids ,aged 4 and 2, to take care among the other confusions! In this age where DIL's are blamed I am so awed to see such a DIL who is showing so much patience in taking care of a MIL who doesnt even remember to eat or drink!!!
    But the DIL says that when we visit my aunt she is able to see a change in her character.Like she goes to her DIL and asks her to cook our fav dishes and she shows happiness when she talks abt us!!
    I am not able to understand what cld be the pblm with her but i just want her back to normal!!!
    Now...Can anyone tell me what cld be the solution to this?
    Is anyone aware of any such cases and if so can you refer some good doc anywhere in Kerala,Chennai or Bangalore??
    My mom is so upset seeing her sister's plight!!
    Can anyone give any valuable suggestion pls???
    Thanks so much for being patient in reading this elaborate history!!
    Love,
    Jaya

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

Have you ever tried Homeopathy ? It is very good for mind based problems. But the doctor should be good and should have patience bec this is a chronic problem.

It has to be treated slowly, that's why I said the doc needed patience.
    Nowadays no one has that amount of patience, mainly the doctors. That is the problem.

Love
    Latha

3. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    I guess,they havent tried Homeo for her!
    Do u know any good docs in Chennai??
    If so,do let me know...!!! Will surely try that way out too!

Love,
    Jaya

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jaya,

My Uncle used to tell me about Dr. Thiruvengadam I think in Saidapet near the Sivan kovil there.

There is also Mr. Koppikar in T nagar, I think in Mahalakshmi Street. Ha has been there for a long time and is quite old. He sees patients only at some particular timings. But there are other doctors also there, who'll be attending.

It is also said that there is a good dept of Homeopathy doctors at theKilpauk Medical Hospital Homeopathy wing. Try one of these out.

I'll be meeting my uncle this weekend. If he has the phone number of Dr. Thiruvengadam I 'll let you know by Monday. Ok.

Love
    Latha

5. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Latha,
    Thanks so much for your info!
    I am happy atleast u were able to give some helpful inputs!
    YES...pls do definitley give me the contact details!

Thanks Latha!

Love,
    Jaya

6. ushamt

ushamt New IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

I read about your aunt's situation . Well, if she is in a position to learn some breathing techniques, that might be helpful. because physical & mental problems will be greatly reduced by these.

I am giving these details which is in Trivandrum & explain them her situation. If they suggest your aunt to learn the technique, please do it. If she can do it, it definitely helps a lot....

Address
    VVK TVM Information Centre
    Keralashram, Maruthankuzhy
    Trivandrum, Kerala
    Phone: 4712360598, 2369913
    Email: sree@schogini.com

with love & concern,
    usha

7. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Usha,

Thanks for this info. I will pass it on to my aunt's son/daughter.
    Since i wont be visiting kerala for quite some time, i am a bit helpless ...mayb i can give this pointer!!

8. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Senthan,
    Thanks for the reply. But sorry, i dunno to read tamil.
    But you had earlier PM'd me about certain things that i could do to help her out.
    But still she is in the same condition! :-(

9. rr99

rr99 Senior IL'ite