1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My amazing....amusing...journey of menopause.....at home.....hahaha.....part two

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by BHAVNAM6, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

I have come back with my more endeavors...

My family loves vegetables.In my husband's priority list for food would be vegetables from one to ten and then other items would get preferences.

Lately my husband was not happy with me as he thought I was too dry (unromantic)....which is completely out of my reach to understand....hahaha

It was my husband's birthday the other day...and I decided to make okara (bhindi) which is in top of his list of preference.....I thought making okra with other items would change his mood and would be less cranky.....

I was thinking how smart I am to distract him from the original issue.

I opened the refrigerator to take out the okra which I had bought day before but I could not find them so I was thinking ....did I really buy them or I forgot to buy.....???!!!....oh, my beloved menopause was making my life interesting.....

I did not want to shatter my dream of pleasing my husband so I drove 20 minutes to the store and it took almost 10 minutes to find the best okra from the store as I wanted to make the tasty meal for him on his birthday....

Finally I got home....

Now I was behind in my schedule and trying to make as quick as I could by escalating my old car(.....myself...!!!!).........
    I quickly turned on my electric stove and trying to use all the four burners for four different items which included my okra as well.....

.I was so much absorbed in my cooking like the heroine in the movie who is singing and cooking simultaneously for her hero....but I forgot that heroine gets chance for several takes to make okra....

Now my cooking took electrifying turn....I pressure cooked the okra with the whistle on instead of my dal.......!!!!

And... I did not realize up until I opened the lid...that okra was pressure cooked instead of dal

Wow...wow....wow...it did not seem pretty at all.....

but quickly it crossed my mind...

this... ORGANIC GLUE..... I could sell on EBAY and make lots of money out of it....hahaha....my husband would be proud of having a genius wife...having such a magnificent perception to make extra income in this devastating recession.....!!!!....

I already started having dream of buying diamond earring for me...hahaha

Totally became clueless what my husband would react on my great accomplishment....

When my husband got home I told him that you are lucky ......

.....at least something you got which is not DRY like me.....hahaha

My poor husband was speechless.....

My more amazing moments in next post........

26 people like this.
  2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

my dear friend
    In my entire life I have never heard of anyone pressure cooking okra:spin

Credit has to be given to you for thinking of okra in the first place and distract him from the original point :hiya

And once you opened the cooker and saw.. and thought of glue :bowdown

You are a genius :thumbsup and the statement when your hubby shows up and he has no clue.. :rotfl

You are rocking woman... enjoyed reading this and perked me as well:)

3 people like this.
  3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Anandchitra,

from this point on you would have to change the above statement hahahha

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Bhavna even i havn't heard okra been pressure cooked....hahahaha
    so you pressure cooked okra and fried the dal??????:)
    Not bad getting diamond earrings from okra glue:biggrin2:
    Poor hubby of yours so you asked him to take the wet okra instead of dry Bhavna:hide:
    Loved your post girl, looks like you will conquer snippet very soon...:)

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Wow Bhavna its not the Okhra you pressured cooked and gave to your dh but its the narration you have given nd won our hearts. I also second what AC and Aruna have written. You have a superb way of narrating a simple matter .

2 people like this.
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I admire your determination to change hubbys opinion of you from 'dry' to romantic, Bhavana.
    I have given up , hahaha.
    Okayyy, so you decided to do it the good old way ....thru his stomach ?. so sorry it flopped ...but look at you, great going :) thinking of selling glue thru ebay and dreaming of diamond necklaces..
    Good for you, Bhavana ,the eternal optimist:thumbsup

BTW another thing we have in common..my family too LOVES vegetables and hubby will be most happy if the table contains a spread of veggies.:)

2 people like this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Swaran,

Thank you for visiting my thread and liking it as well.

Love,
    Bhavna

8. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhavna......:)

B for Better half.....
    B for Brilliance.......
    B for Brightness.....
    B for Business......
    B for Bhindi......

In your brilliant attempt to brighten your better half with bhindi..........you ended up with a business plan to make billions.......and buy bullions......[​IMG]:bowdown

Hats off B......:hatsoff:hatsoff

7 people like this.
  9. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Bhargavi,

I ran out of any words as I cannot stop laughing at your genius but amusing feedback.

At the moment I am working at the store so pretty much I am multitasking.....

I was laughing when I read your feedback and one of my customers stepped in..I was trying to hide my laughter unsuccessfully and my customer was thinking I was happy to see her.....hahahaha

Thank you...Thank you

Love,
    Bhavna

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

...And a B for Brainstorming Bhavnam!

Dry, wet or gooey...Okra it was and he should be pleased. Besides, with the billions coming in, he should be more than pleased!

This was so very funny, I was laughing my head off! Besides, you have added a new twist to the famous Okra...So it can be pressure cooked, what pleasure!:goodidea:

Must say, menopause has its perks!

L, Kamla

2 people like this.