1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Akshaya Tridhiyai!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya sir,

A very great team effort it seems:rotflThough you lost in the hide n seek game with lizard, i guess it helped you to arranged things in home by making you to empty r clean the junk yard:biglaugh.

2. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

laughed to my heart's extent..
    The marketing technique of the shop is something to be appreciated..no doubt

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ubellah
    You are right about the marketing technique of the shop. It is now one of the largest sweet stalls of Chennai with an international reputation. I remember the initial stages of the shop and I see it now. Their growth is unbelievable.
    Sri

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Cheeniya Sir

Really a funny post. Very well written..........
    Iam Just :rotfl

regards
    Shobha

5. Cheeniya

Dear Sobhi
    Nice to hear that this thread of mine made you happy and smiling!
    Sri

6. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mr.cheeniya,
    That was such a nice account of your encounter with these slimy creatures.I just can not bear to look at them.I too have read in panchangam,that if a lizard falls on your head such and such a thing will happen and if it falls on your feet something else will happen.I just don't believe in these stories.I want to share with you another account related to me by a relative of mine.This lady once told me that when two cobras a male and a female unite,they almost rise above the ground and do a mating dance.At that time if someone throws a white cloth on these blisssful creatures,they may take the cloth back once the cobras disappear.This cloth if kept in their steel cubboard where they keep cash and jewellery,will bring them wealth.When I heard this my blood became chill and my heart almost leapt out through my mouth!So much for these slimy creatures,cousins of lizards and people who take delight in narrating these stories.
    I used to enjoy reading those advertisements for th famous snack center that you have mentioned.The ads made very good reading.

love
    mithila

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

Someone is giving u a lot of homework by reviviing yr old blogs, and makes u work hard to give replies.

Hilarious ios the word dear friend.Do u want me to pack u a few lizards and sedn u by courier.Dont worry i will make sure they survive, i will put lots of insect siside, so they can much while they reach u.HAHAHAHAHAHA

Too good, laughing all the way.

Regards

kamal

8. Cheeniya

Dear Mithila
    It is nice to see that you continue to take so much of interest in IL despite your recent set back in health. That you never complain about it is something we should all emulate.

Lizards are slimy because of their pale bloodless looks. During my college days, whenever we encountered a pale girl, my friends invariably described her as the underside of a lizard! Kamal had told me about someone who regularly consumed raw lizards for breakfast, lunch and dinner and after reading it, I lost my appetite for three days!

The mating snakes must really be a lucky sight. Most of the temples have a stone slab with the picture of mating snakes sculpted on them. Let them be happy and enjoy doing whatever they do but let them not think of me as a disturbance and make me their target!'
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

My dear Kamal
    My thread may have been humorous but you invariably take the cake by telling us of some anecdote or other in connection with whatever we write about. I have just quoted you in my reply to Mythili!
    Sri

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Pambu panchangam provides several good and bad signs of lizards falling on various parts of our body. But this is the first time I read that there is a significance of sighting a lizard on Akshya Thrithiya day. Leaving all those beliefs apart, I am a big admirer of lizards because of the following reason:

They create a vacuum underneath the gap between their feet and the roof and do a phenomenal walk upside down in the roof of the house. That view should be one heck of a view at the human beings who were underneath them especially considering their release of the vacuum would determine the future of those human beings. The part that makes me admire them is how quickly they release the vacuum to make a quick move and then create the vacuum again to stay still like applying a parking gear in a car.

Before I started using automatic transmission, I used to drive a car in Mumbai traffic with my hands, eyes, and legs moving simultaneously to navigate the traffic and I used to have severe stress of driving. I knew fully well if I make a mistake, it is others who would be affected and my car was not going to fall down from a high altitude. Here lizards make their normal movements upside down making such quick coordination to move and park themselves very quickly on a regular basis without any stress. They know that if they make a mistake they would trip and fall from a high altitude but still continue to do that regularly. They teach me how to be courageous, take risks and don't loose heart if I fail.

Besides, human beings have a tendency to catch all raptiles by their tail and if we catch a lizard by its tail, we would only hold their tail and not the lizard. Their tail is made in parts that could disconnect from their body quickly. They also have a long tongue that could move very rapidly to get their prays without moving closer to the insects. If I had the vision of lizards and bats, I might have a totally different view of this world.

Viswa

2 people like this.