1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Akshaya Tridhiyai!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 20, 2007.

1. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear Chithra mam,
    Secret sollitel illiyo avalavuthan all illites are going to throng your house now...yes your adai recipe is really good and tasty and i have already experimented??!!!!!! it....Really enjoying your posts mam

regards,
    geeth

2. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear cheeniya Sir,
    another Big LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laughpost from your desk. Sir mudiyala sir!!!!!Why don't you send a healer along with your every post...athan sirichu sirichu vayaru puunarathu illiya athukuthan!! i could guess from your post that about which sweet shop you were talking about. i have seen lot of NRI mamis and mamas waiting in the Q to pack snacks for their sons or daughters abroad..even seemandam seer, thottil seer, all fly from there. these mamas and mamis while waiting for the packages will enjoy puliyodarai which is distributed or kuzhipaniyararam or sweets from the hot kadai. i enjoy and admire watching them with a happy feeling that they are also able to enjoy their life at this age.
    You know even Adyar sangeetha is now witnessing old people who are alone in adyar and around places enjoying their food during week ends. May be trying to wean away from the weary lonliness?? It has become a habit for me now to count the head of old couples in the restaurants and admire them. I come to understand that oldies are not lesser in anyway to youngsters in enjoying their lives now a days--Sir vayasu mattumthan old not mentioning the yound mind of oldies..appuram ungakitta maatindenna?! jambavan kathai than theriyume Harhar----- examples intha ilites liye irukeengale..neenga, chithra mam, sweet sixteen mithila kannan mam, sundari mam and a lot.....

Your mentioning about grand sweets, adyar times, sangeetha gives a clue that you must be an adyarite or somewhere around adyar. if so then i am very close to your locality and inimel whenever i happen to roam adayar i will definitely search your face
    especially in grand sweets.?! among the group enjoying adai or paniyaram!!!!!

geeth.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geeth
    Haven't you seen that Shobha De has now proclaimed that the 60 of yore is now 40? I remember my mum's contemporaries saying that they are 'antha kalathu SSLC' which according to them is equivalent of today's graduation. Shobha's statement is a similar one but has a lot of truth in it. On one hand there are age reducing capsules and creams. Then there are the pizhichals and kizhichals of Kerala which reduce your age by 50%. So old age means nothing these days.
    As you guessed I also live close to Adyar. If you keep looking for a mid-sixties man ogling at women beyond 60 dressed reasonably fashionably with preferably Rayban sunglasses in and around Grand Sweets, that'll most probably be me!
    Sri

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Sri,
    Goodness Gracious!!
    Revealing your identity, so mischievously!
    You want to prove in IL
    Meesai naraichalum asai naraikalai!

Geeth, an extra identification mark - whiter than white beard, but nowhere near a samiyar, you know now!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya
    Had a good laugh .............great post............distribute sweets to good people,
    the lizard one hahahaha was super so there were many worshippers of the lizards, including you........
    and after the whole days disappointment you also dreamt about them...........the dream part was hilarous
    great write up..............

6. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    Thanks a lot for joining me in Lizard Worship! It is common knowledge that snakes are widely worshipped in India and there are a number of temples for them. Do you know that there is a a temple called Karni Matha Temple at a place called Deshnoke near Bikaner in Rajasthan where rats are worshipped? It is a strange sight to see devotees feeding thousands of rats in that temple. Right now I am trying to find out which are the other reptiles and insects that are worshipped. Of the birds, crows, peacocks and the whitenecked eagles are worshipped.
    The extent to which people can go in search of prosperity is amazing indeed!
    Sri

7. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Oh my dear chithra mam
    Big LaughBig Laughwell said mam..i enjoyed it. so an extra clue....sure i will find out....but the thing is i am in pondycherry so when i come to chennai...i shall be a detective like...

with love
    geeth

8. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear chenniya sir,
    you are right old age means nothing these days..but shoba De's is a news to me.
    Sir enna trying that capsules and creams??!!! like our film personalities you too for pizhichals and kizhichals!! must be!! athan. unga idetification clue speaks..!!!! chithra mam also has given another clue so easy for me now..i can start my detective work when i come to chennai. Big LaughBig Laugh

with regards,
    geeth

9. Cheeniya

Dear Geeth
    Welcome to start your detective work Ms.Sherlock Holmes! Who will be your Watson? The Grand Old Dame of IL?Big Laugh
    Sri

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    "Grand Old Dame" - who is she, Sir?
    I read Watson was a simple yet religious, firm, yet soft-spoken partner of S H. Period. He is described neither old, nor a dame!!

Love,
    Chithra.